Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Dating advice - please!

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:16 PM
  • 22 Replies
So I met this guy online. We have talked for 2 weeks, IMing, texting, and by phone. He finally asked me out Monday night, for Saturday. Seemed like a great guy, lots in common. Today, he says it doesn't seem like I'm interested in him and that I need to prove to him that I'm worth him wanting to date. I hired a new girl at work, have been busy at work, training the new girl, and my dm was in today, so I couldn't text as much. He knew this. Now I'm wondering if I won't have a date. What do you ladies make of this? Crazy guy or am I the crazy one?
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Asherfranksmom
by Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:39 PM
2 moms liked this

I would be weary? He seems to need a lot of attention.

bahamamama61
by Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 12:20 AM
1 mom liked this
He's already acting weird:/ I think he'll be too much trouble:/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom-does-hair
by Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 12:39 AM
1 mom liked this
This is where I'm leaning! My guy friend said he's showing his crazy before our first date. Bad sign.
Mom-does-hair
by Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 7:56 AM
Bump!
mamalena137
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 12:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd take that as a red flag. Before even going on a first date you have to prove to him that your worth wanting to date. That seems like he's already expecting you to be putting him above everyone and everything else. It's a first date! You're not married or have been in a relationship for years and are leaving him neglected. I say cut him out and move on.

wendythewriter
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 12:44 PM
2 moms liked this

You have to prove to him that you're worth him wanting to date? LOL

How about him proving that he's worth you taking time away from your job, your kid, your life, to go out with him?

It sounds to me like he needs more attention than he's worth. Frankly, I'd be kind of snarky and text him back and say, "You're right, I'm not worth you dating. So sorry I wasted your time. Go find that princess you apparently deserve."

Barblicious
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 12:59 PM

To me that shows he is trouble, you haven't even had a date yet!

Needy man!!

ANY man who is a real and emotionally healthy man will chase after the prize - you.

Robsessed98
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 1:04 PM
Wtf? You haven't even met and he thinks you should prove you're worthy?? Umm, bye-bye.
Oliviasmom72
by Silver Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 1:33 PM

you should not have to prove yourself to anyone. I would just tell him good luck with is ad but the date is probably not a good idea.

Mom-does-hair
by Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 1:44 PM
Thank you for helping me see that my gut instinct is right! I could see if we were in a relationship, but not before we have met.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)