Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I am new at this!

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 4:28 PM
  • 6 Replies

I am a single mom, of four boys! One who is has lots of mental and physical (arthritis) issuses! I have two kids with adhd, and my 4th baby was in a car accident 2 years ago and crushed his back, and now he just had his hip come apart and had to have a rob place in it.. he is only 11! They are not sure if this is happening cause of the car wreck!  Well anyways, even though I have so much going on, I wanted to be on a site for single moms! Please help me fiqured this all out, this web site!

by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 4:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
steviechick
by Gold Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 4:29 PM

Hello and welcome to the group.  I'm so sorry that you are dealing with a lot of physical issues with most of your children.  Can you have a friend or family member help you out?  What do you need help with regarding the site?

WatchmansMoon
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 5:43 PM

Oh my!  You really are dealing with so much.  I'm very sorry to hear of all the challenges you're facing with your sons, especially as a single parent.  The group may be able to help you more if you're able to give details about questions you may have.  For example, do you have resources and/or are you getting help for your two sons with adhd?  I know of a great book for parents who have kids with this, it's titled "Why ADHD Doesn't Mean Disaster " by Dennis Swanberg.  Also, is the father involved at all, or helpful in any way (ie. cs, visitation, etc.?)  Even if you don't have a question necessarily, sometimes it helps just to vent your frustrations here, and we can try to encourage you.  You need all the support you can get!  I hope you do have family around you, or a church or single parent group.  Hugs and blessings to you, and welcome to the site!

inadream
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 7:00 PM

I am use to my life, I just deal with life moment bye moment!  I join so i could help someone going though stuff, or when I feel all alone I have some support behind me! There is no dad around anymore,,long story but i will tell you in a short long! when i was 16 i got pregnant with my first son, i worked hard to put my self though school and take care of him, at first i had my mama  help after he was born! When i turn 19 i got married cause i had nothing to loss nor gain, i had so much love to give and had no one but my son, so getting married at the time, sounded like a great idea! We had three kids together before our divorce! That's how i have four boys now! he was a good man when we got married, and something happened after we had our second child together , not sure what(well i didn't know what then)! Things started to get behind, I wasn't working cause we had two many kids to afford daycare!  I didn't know why things was getting behind cause he made good money, but anyways as a mom and a wife, i knew i had to do something to help, so i got a part-time job driving for a little pizza place! Well , things kept getting worst, i kept finding bags of white stuff in it,(at the time, i had no idea what the world that was so i asked him(of course he was going to lie) but as a wife i thought he would never lie(stupid me). Well the bills got so far behind we had too move, I moved in with my aunt and he moved in with some friends(he said he would come back for us, everything would be better he said. (well i didn't see him for 2 months)  When he finally came back he said things was changing and we were moving to the beach (we did) (stupid me right ) . Well four months after we lived there lies became worst and i started to ask questions to his friends, and everyone told me he was cheating and doing drugs! Well the fighting got worst, (I forgot to tell you that after we left my aunt house, i got pregnant with my fourth child( that one was clearly bye accident) I wouldn't give him up for nothing now though.  One night my x husband said he was leaving, i had never been mad, i had never stood up for my self, but i guess with being pregnant i just went crazy, so i stopped him from leaving, and then i left him, and the kids well only for 2 hrs, and i went back and said i was sorry, but he turned on me, took the kids and placed them in my car in the rain and lock us out of the house, well i left with a quarter tank of gas in my van 2 diapers(2 babies in diaper) to my name,had no idea where i was going,  or what i was going to do, but all i knew is i couldn't do it no more, my kids and i was important, and i couldn't take it no more, so i left, ! I moved in with my step dad and slept on the floor, worked and saved every penny and i moved out on my own, got a divorce. he was helping for a while, but he got so bad on the drugs he went crazy, so i would never let him see the kids, he got locked up for many years, got out and never came back around, he leaves us and alone, and we leave him alone.. he has put us though enough! he calls every now and then! it's been 11 years, i have been single and doing it on my own, i have no family now...my mom wants nothing to do with no one( i think she lost her mind) but its ok. So after telling you all these, if i made it though that mess, i can make it though anything. I meet a wonder full man 4 years ago and he helps me so much, so now it's my four boys and him and his daughter! We don't live together, cause his daughter is a teen, and my boys are teens, so we decided that it would be best, we just keep dating until the day we get married, and we would move in together( I will never have another kid)! So even though i am a single mom, my life is so much peace full now, and much more easier! I have no one to worry about but the kids and i. Thanks for writing me back! Are you a single mom, do you have family what is your story? Thanks DamikaSingle Moms

inadream
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 7:09 PM

I really don't want anything, but support and help someone else who is going though a hard time, just be a ear i guess. Thanks for asking!

cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 11:32 PM

Welcome!! There are so many groups on here that you may find helpful. You may want to look for groups for moms with kids with disabilities. I'm sure they can also relate to a lot of what you go through.

easinpc
by Gold Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:35 PM

group hug

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN