Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

My ex and son's visitation relationship baffles me....

Posted by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 8:56 AM
  • 18 Replies

My ex sees our son every other weekend! He lives 3 hours away and says this is going to be the arrangement for "pretty much" ever. He has a really good job, works crazy hours and lives close to his mom who requires his help and attention! 

My problem is....How the heck is he ok with that?!! Is every other weekend really, really ok with him? How could it be? He and my son have a good relationship and he is a good dad. I couldn't imagine being ok with that! 

by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 8:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
a06z08mama
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 9:02 AM
Some men are. There are times my ex goes almost to his next weekend before seeing our kids again. But its better for them that way
kidlover2
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 9:58 AM
That sounds pretty good... My ex has my 3 children for 4 hours a week during the school year and 9 hours a week during the summer and it's usually a fight to get him to take them.
kristy319
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:01 AM
My kids dad hasn't attmepted to make contact in over a month and 2 months ago was the last time he saw them, for 20 minutes and that was enough for him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kaya529
by Bronze Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:05 AM
He may just understand that with his job and mom needing his attention that this is just the way it has to be. That doesn't necessarily mean he is okay with it but is being realistic.
diaperstodating
by Angel on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:12 AM

I agree. 

Quoting Kaya529:

He may just understand that with his job and mom needing his attention that this is just the way it has to be. That doesn't necessarily mean he is okay with it but is being realistic.

cshepard
by Bronze Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:15 AM
My ex gets our kids every other weekend, it's been like that for 7 years. He will sometimes get them extra days during summer or school breaks. I couldn't do it.
mommyRojo
by Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:24 AM

He gets him every other weekend and 3 weeks during the summer. I know he does his best with his job and mom duties....I just KNOW I couldn't be without my son that long in between visits....it kills me when my son is at his dads for a long weekend. 

Thanks for all the support ladies! 

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Some people are just fine with that.
a06z08mama
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:28 AM
My ex tried to do a week on and week off. And even tried to say a MONTH on and off. I shot that down in a heart beat. Because there was NO way I could go a week or a month without my kids. But I know there are custody arrangements that people do like that. Or even moms who give up custody of their kids and go years without seeing them! (My mom was one!)

Quoting mommyRojo:

He gets him every other weekend and 3 weeks during the summer. I know he does his best with his job and mom duties....I just KNOW I couldn't be without my son that long in between visits....it kills me when my son is at his dads for a long weekend. 

Thanks for all the support ladies! 

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Sep. 1, 2013 at 1:09 PM
It is better than him not being there at all. And things may change one day.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)