Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

online dating

Posted by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 1:17 PM
  • 31 Replies

I was thinking about how we as single moms want to date. we have limited about of time and many of us go to online dating. with that being said I am sure we all have some stories to tell. so lets share them.

by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 1:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MominCa
by Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 1:36 PM

i will go first.

there was this one guy. he was a big guy . I looked at his profile. we had nothing in common and as for the physical  he just looked sloppy. nothing wrong with his size. but really you never a 2nd chance to make another impression.

when i told him i am sorry he was not my type he went off on me. saying all kind of not nice things. when someone say i am sorry i am not intrested when did it become ok to tell them off.  

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Sep. 1, 2013 at 4:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Glad you found out something like this about him before going any further.

Quoting MominCa:

i will go first.

there was this one guy. he was a big guy . I looked at his profile. we had nothing in common and as for the physical  he just looked sloppy. nothing wrong with his size. but really you never a 2nd chance to make another impression.

when i told him i am sorry he was not my type he went off on me. saying all kind of not nice things. when someone say i am sorry i am not intrested when did it become ok to tell them off.  

MominCa
by Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 5:11 PM
1 mom liked this

some can be funny i always worry about what they hide  no matter how i meet them . I had guy tell me he was educated turns out he was not. what is there to prove when you lie or or spiteful

KRIZZ25
by Platinum Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 8:08 PM
i dont trust on line dating.if i cant see the guys eye in person and talk to them than i dont believe them.
MaverickMama
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 8:23 PM
2 moms liked this
I have a few stories lol. Once my friend and I drove over an hour to meet these guys. My guy was supposed to be a few years older than me and turned out he was this old wrinkled guy! We said we would follow them(had met at a gas station), but hightailed it home.
hopealways4019
by Bronze Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:34 AM
Guys message me, but when i message back, i dont get a response? Or might get one response back, then no more. I be thinking the dating site , sending me fake messages? This always happen.
heretolisten
by Bronze Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:05 AM

At least you're getting some responses.  Before I got pregnant, my inbox blew up.  Some creepers but for the most part, the majority were players/casual daters, but at the time I there wasn't any reason for me to care because I was newly divorced and playing the field myself.  Had some liars and a very disturbed individual who used a variety of names (in real life) who ultimately became quite the stalker!!  It was quite the eye opener on the online dating scene!!  Once I became a mom, not only do I not get any intitated messages, but don't even get responses to my contacts.  One site I get hit up, but only from pedophile looking creepers who are far from anyone's ideal.  The last time I did make contact with someone, after over 6 months of talking we finally met in public and he wasn't even close to the person he said he was and let's just say I had to let him know I called the police before I blocked him.  *sigh*  

Misha1204
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:47 AM
Don't really have a story. I've only met about 3 people in person and they were pretty cool.

But for people I didn't meet, they were about the same as meeting them in-person.....jerks and guys that only wanted sex.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Misha1204
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:48 AM
It's really no different than meeting them in-person.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kidlover2
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:55 AM
6 moms liked this
I had signed up on pof.com on a Sunday night and got inundated with messages and creepers. Monday morning I went back on with the intention of closing the account. I started chatting with this guy that seemed very open, funny, and sweet. He invited me to coffee. I accepted and then we continued chatting. An hour later, he invited me to lunch and I said ok. The next day, Tuesday, we went to lunch and talked and talked some more. We just got married this past June on the one year anniversary of our first official date. :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN