Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

making friends is hard.

Posted by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 8:10 PM
  • 20 Replies
1 mom liked this
u ever feel that way.like ever time u make new friend its not going to work out .every time i try make new friend i feel like i really dont like em .
just something about them.i would rather be at home than try make new friends..any one feel that way??

no bashing or drama..
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 8:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LuvMommysBabies
by Bronze Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this

i feel that way and and it seems like it pushes me into a depression. I would love to make some other mom friends.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:03 PM
1 mom liked this
This is me too. I have given up making friends at work. They always leave the workplace. :-(
Quoting LuvMommysBabies:

Β i feel that way and and it seems like it pushes me into a depression. I would love to make some other mom friends.

libramoon007
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:57 AM

I moved to a small town and it is really difficult to make new friends here. Work the just seem settled and not really welcoming with new comers. They are nice but not like some of my past coworkers. I try...it is difficult. 

hopealways4019
by Bronze Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:30 AM
1 mom liked this
I have no friends really. I talk to a older lady on phone, met her when i was younger. She never visit me and i dont visit her, just talk on phone. Talk to a few neighbors, the one neighbor who i talk regularly , is about to move. It also seem like when someone invite me to hang out, its always a invitation to come to church with them. I dont know?
heretolisten
by Bronze Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, it is hard.  Making friends (any gender) is no different than dating w/o the romantic component.  At first you may have a couple things in common, but get to know them better and they just aren't a good match most of the time.  And as a single mom, you don't have the luxury of doing many things childless people get to do to make memories and such.  You're not readily available, you're trying to balance parenting, life and home.  I kinda gave up on "looking" right now because it's just too difficult and I don't have the time to deal with the ups and downs.  I'm not a fan of disappointment.  LOL 

KRIZZ25
by Platinum Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:44 AM
i,m just afraid thy just after something ..i have few long term friends and couple family friends. thats it .friend ship like relationships take work .i dont wont to put in the work if the other person doesn't wont to .
BambiF
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:47 AM
2 moms liked this

Its so hard. I feel like Im too picky...Im 23 single mom of 2, and it seems any girls around my age are either club girls or even if they have kids they are losers lol...I need a young mom who is a GOOD mom, but able to laugh and let her hair down once in a while.

Stylishmomma
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:44 AM

I honestly dont have energy or time for friends.. I could force it but I barely have time for myself. I give so much of myself to my kids (2) I am exhausted. I think once both of my little ones go to school that would give me free time and I would conteplate friends. so sad but true.

I agree with bambiF Im 26 and most people i know are partying traveling or dating. I dont do none of those things so there is really no common interest with the people i used to know or my age group. All I talk about are my kids or future plans and people seem bored by that...lol

RebeccaC2013
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:57 PM

I would love to meet some new mommy friends, that's why I'm here!!  I'm a single mother and most of my so called "friends" don't put in any effort to see me or my son so I feel very alone. I love my family but I don't always agree with the way they live their life so I distance myself.... I'm tired of sitting home every night, every weekend, every holiday- it sucks! :O(

kyandkaesmommy
by Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:23 PM
I feel the same way! Making friends is really heard! I just fall into depression.

Quoting LuvMommysBabies:

i feel that way and and it seems like it pushes me into a depression. I would love to make some other mom friends.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)