Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I feel like I've failed

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:48 AM
  • 14 Replies
I'm a single mom, obviously since I'm posting here. I work 2 part time jobs, one pays for my apartment (i get a free apartment), the other pays for everything else. I want to leave my apartment job for numerous reasons and i have the opportunity to move in with my parents, however right now we can't afford a big enough place for all of us to live. Unless it's in a really bad neighborhood which i don't want. In order for us to move i need to get a full time job, which is hard since I'm only finding part time jobs where i make less than i do now. But if i do get a full time on top of my apt job than i never get to see my little guy and he's 2, he needs me around. I feel like I've failed both of us. I can't afford a place for us to live and be there when he needs me the most. I don't know what to do anymore. I sit up every night and cry. He deserves more than this, and for once in my life i feel helpless and i don't have the answers to everything.
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
heretolisten
by Bronze Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:25 AM

Based on what you're saying, you really don't have the opportunity to live with your parents because the current place is too small.  So what you need to do is ask your parents to work with you on this. If they want to accommodate, maybe you need to look at relocating to a new area that does offer rent that is within their price range yet offers more for the money.  Also, is the place too small for you to be able to bunk with your child in the same room until you're able to secure a full time job and save up for a while? Where there's a will, there's a way.  Good luck.  :) 

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:34 PM

You're not a failure mom.  You've just got a lot on your plate and need to figure out what's best for you and your little guy.

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:26 PM
Keep your head up
Christenrenee
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:56 PM

You're doing what you need to do for yourself and your son.  Its hard now, but when he's older your child will love and respect you for your efforts.  Hopefully something will workout with your parents where you find something that fits your needs and budget. 

Asherfranksmom
by Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:16 PM

Do you have any type of advanced degree or formal training? Due to such high unemployment rates many states are now offering free trainings for employability skills on such areas as healthcare, cooking, child care etc.  where do your interests lie? I am a career advisor, so if you would like more help, feel free to private message me!

Robsessed98
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 9:08 AM
As long as you're doing your best to take care of your lo, you're not a failure. Stay where you are until you find another job and have your parents help find a place with room for everyone.
easinpc
by Gold Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:42 AM

group hug

MyLiLBlessinz
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I know your pain but just hang in there!  I have that feeling of failure all the time.  At this point I can't give my kids what they want but I make sure they have what they need.  I haven't be able to find a job, every where I have went they consider me a "liability" because I'm pregnant.  I don't receive child support either so money is super tight!  Don't give up!  Just keep searching for a place that will be best for you all.  You are doing your best for your little one and that is what matters!  Hang in there HUGS!

mommy2angels427
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 4:23 PM

what do you do for a living?

wiccania
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 6:30 PM

Not a failure, just facing one of lifes many challenges.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN