Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Went on my first date in 3 years!

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:36 PM
  • 7 Replies
2 moms liked this

I've been single for 3 years, ever since I was pregnant w/my son and left his father. My son is now nearly 3 and last night was my first date. Afew weeks ago I started talking to a guy I work with on our breaks and we have alot of the same interests. Well about a week ago I told him I'd never been to a real bar before (I'm nearly 22, going out for drinks has never been a priority lol). He suggested we go hang out sometime, at a bar or something. So I said okay and he gave me his number. I texted him a few hours after work and we started texting alot and last night was our first date.

Needless to say, I haven't been on a date in a long time, but we were both so nervous about it neither of us had eaten all day LOL... he hasn't dated in a while either, but it was great! I have a past w/douchebags getting all over me, but I knew when I met him that he wasn't like that and he didn't even try to do anything like that to me all night long... even when we tried to kiss, I was the one that initiated it lol

Suffice to say I've thought of nothing else all morning and feel like a lovestruck teenager. I don't know what will happen but I have positive feelings about it :)

I just wanted to share with other moms my happy experience.... I haven't met a decent guy in ages lol

by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:36 PM

That's wonderful!  I'm glad he's been a nice guy and that you had a gret time together. :)

Robsessed98
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 3:35 AM
That's awesome. Hope you have many more :)
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Sep. 4, 2013 at 6:27 AM

sounds nice, glad you had a great time

Bundle0413
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 6:59 AM
That's exciting! Dating is always fun when you first start out, and you should never settle for anything less than butterflies :)! Hope it works out for you!
kkat117
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 8:13 AM

I'm so happy for you! I went on my first date in three years ago back in April and the guy was just about perfect. After only dating douchebags, It was a great feeling so I know how elated you are! Keep having those great dates ;)

steviechick
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:34 AM

I started to date a guy, too.  It's been 2 years since my divorce.  Before that I was with the same man for many years (turned out to be a total douchebag, too!).  Nothing beats butterflies. I had them the first day and ever since and I'm 49!  I hope your relationship continues.  The guy seems great.

easinpc
by Gold Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:39 PM

Congrats!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN