Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I've fallen into the single mom trap! What should I do now?

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:11 PM
  • 24 Replies
I have fallen into the single mom trap, I am depressed and lonely, I am financially strapped and my house is a total mess. I am 25 and i have a 3yr old son, I have been divorced. His dad is active in his life, he takes him half the time, and my ex and I have an ok relationship. I am about to break up with my boyfriend and I think my son will be crushed. And I also had so many of my future plans with him (we were planning a wedding and looking for house :() I haven't broken up with him yet but he just doesn't have the time for me. How do i get my life back in order and not crush my son by pulling another father figure away from him.
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
happymommy1105
by Gold Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:15 PM

what the hell is the single mom trap? 

Anyway, if you feel you need an extra kick to help with the depression- go see your doc or a therapist. 

If you were planning such a future with this man, why break up?  Is it something ya'll can work through? 

lmt_mom2010
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:27 PM

I have plans to see a therpy tomarrow for the first time (it took awhile a while to get in). I fell like I can't work thought my issue t with my boyfriend because he is never around to talk through our issues and he just blow off a familyu party he promised me and my son he would meet me at.

mmpdrs07
by Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I just left a man that "didn't have time" for me anymore.  I can't deal with saying your going to do something and then at the last minute change your mind because someone said something different.  And I know the exact rut your in.  I spent all morning Saturday tearing one room apart at a time and cleaning it back up.  Yeah it took a while but now it's clean again and a fresh start.  It's amazing what life can throw at us sometimes.  Hang in there momma it will get better I promise!

Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:27 PM

How long have you been with this man?

Misha1204
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:38 PM
2 moms liked this
Ummm....what is the single mom trap?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Can't you work it out with him
lmt_mom2010
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 8:55 AM

The single mom trap is the place where you don't have the help and support you once had to decide how much of your life changing decision are for you and how much or little to consider your children. 

krisnkids
by Gold Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:04 AM
6 moms liked this

Sorry, but the 'single mom trap' is bs. Sometimes single mom's have to put on their big girl panties and make grown up decisions, but that is a normal course of life, whether you are a single mom, single dad, married mom, married with no kids etc.

I also don't get how your son is going to loose his father figure in his life. He has a dad, whom he spends half his time with. There is no father figure, there is a dad.

easinpc
by Gold Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:40 AM

group hug

Robsessed98
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:49 AM
The therapy should help with depression and how to get back on trap. As far as your child losing the bf goes, you just have to be there to help him get over it just like you. That's life and he has to learn to deal. Just don't introduce any more bfs until you're sure it's right.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)