Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Ex girlfriend sent our daughter facebook

Posted by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 3:10 PM
  • 13 Replies
Friend request. My daughter is 13, yes she on facebook, but i sometimes peek in and check her messages etc .
Anyway her dad gf sends her a friend request, now i would be ok with this, if her dad wasnt a deadbeat dad.
This woman she 41, she encourages him to not be a part of his children life, which dont sit well with me. Yes he a grown man and should make his own choices, without gf influence . But he loves her and don't wanna hurt her, even if that means being a part of our children life. So too keep her happy, he stays away, he only call every other month, he calls our daughter not me. But i just thought this woman had a lot of nerves sending my daughter a friend request. Their dad aint require to pay child support because he disabled , receives SSi. But he lives with his gf , she helps with the bills.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lnrmom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 3:33 PM
4 moms liked this

If he is disabled and gets SSI she (your daughter) should be getting something. I'd call the SSA office and see what's up.

As far as this girl goes: I'd personally delete the request and message her that you only allow your daughter to be friends with people she knows personally. That's what I did in a similar situation.

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Sep. 3, 2013 at 6:18 PM

I agree with this

Quoting lnrmom:

If he is disabled and gets SSI she (your daughter) should be getting something. I'd call the SSA office and see what's up.

As far as this girl goes: I'd personally delete the request and message her that you only allow your daughter to be friends with people she knows personally. That's what I did in a similar situation.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:31 PM
Agree
Quoting lnrmom:

brittybby2010
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:09 PM

This.

Quoting lnrmom:

Solo_Fan
by Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:17 PM

I agree with this.

Quoting lnrmom:

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:46 PM
I agree too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexis_06
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 1:56 AM

i wouldnt allow them to be "friends"

Robsessed98
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 2:38 AM
I agree with the others.
TiredbutHappy1
by Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 7:40 AM
Quoting lnrmom:

I'm on SSI and don't get anything for my son. The SSI office said that you only get something for your child if you are on SSDI (social security disability income- which is what you get if you become disabled while working).
steviechick
by Gold Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Your exes girlfriend should be 'Friending' people her own age on FB.  I would question the motives of this gf and mere fact that she decided to do this.  Your ex should be paying you cs as he does receive some kind of income.  I would check with SSI about that.  He's gotten away with you being uninformed about SSI.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)