Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Newly Pregnant - HELP!

Posted by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:54 PM
  • 5 Replies
My ex and I broke up two weeks before I discovered I was pregnant. I called him and told him and he immediately asked me what am I going to do? Am I going to keep it? Naturally I was upset and said I would keep it and do this all on my own. He finally came around and wanted to talk face to face regarding the situation. He told me that he wanted to be there for me, we could work through this together. I left the meeting with him feeling a little relieved but at the same time still holding a grudge against him from our breakup. I told my friends about out meeting, and they all told me to be nice to him... That he is trying and give it time. The next four weeks was me texting him pictures and updates like, "our baby is the size of a blueberry this week!" I actually started to get very excited with the idea of him being around. He would tell out mutual friends how happy he is about it, he will make an excellent dad! My problem however... These last four weeks, when I text him it is very vague responses or I get zero response at all from him. He has never told me what he tells our friends about the excitement he feels. He asks me
How I am feeling, but then has zero response
After I tell him. I keep trying and trying, but am
Tired of catering to him and trying to include him in a life that I feel he doesn't want to be a part of. My family told me to ignore him and let him come
Around, but like all of you feel... It's lonely. And how do I deal with the fact that he will always give this baby an amazing amount of attention and care for them, but never truly care about me? That seems to bother me the most and I have no idea how to him or any of these actions at all. I am only 8 weeks along and this is my first child. Please help!
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Solo_Fan
by Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:00 PM
1 mom liked this

sounds like you have family to support you.  I would listen to what they have to say.  Quit catering to him and let him come to you.  You need to worry about you and your baby.  Congrats on your first!

brittybby2010
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Let him come around. Say nothing unless he asks. Don't make it easy

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:54 PM
1 mom liked this
You can't force someone to be a dad. The more you push the farther he will go
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 3:24 AM
First off, don't worry about what your relationship with him will be down the road. Worrying about things that haven't happened or that can't be foreseen will only stress you even more and that's the last thing you need. Focus on you and the baby only now. Keep him up to date on the pregnancy and leave it at that. He will do what he's going to do and you can't control that. Don't chase after him. Who knows, by the time the baby comes, he might want you and you realize don't want him. Plan to co-parent no matter what and let what happens with you and him just happen. Let it go for now and enjoy the wonders of pregnancy. You will be fine no matter how it ends up.
Bundle0413
by New Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 6:55 AM
Thank you so much everyone, reading these truly has made me feel better :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)