Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Starting To Date

Posted by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:58 AM
  • 4 Replies

How many of you are dating someone?  I am.  I have been seeing this guy for a few weeks now.  Not sure about his quirks sometimes.  Last night I didn't get a call or a text from him.  Nothing.  I guess he was just taking some off to watch tv or relax.  I get caught up doing things or watching tv sometimes, too.  But, I did think of him and didn't send a text.  I wanted him to make the first move.  I wonder if he was doing the same thing?  I sent him a text this morning asking he'd like to check out a wine bar this weekend.  He said he did.  Then he said he would text me over lunch.  I wonder if he would have texted me at all today?  I like a guy to 'check-in' with me just to know he is thinking of me.  We both haven't dated in years so I'm wondering if he just needs to adjust to having a relationship.  Has anyone experienced this before? 

by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
easinpc
by Gold Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 10:46 AM

I have, and in a way currently am.  How much he texts me though the day varies upon how many breaks he takes (he does construction) so on days that he rarely texts me during the work day my mind starts to wonder if something is wrong but then I have to remind myself that he's busy during the day and then at night he texts me a lot lol. 

I think its an adjustment for everybody, but maybe address it with him so he's aware of it?

owl0210
by Bronze Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 10:49 AM
Guys aren't complicated creatures when they want something they go after it. After I read the book "He's Just Not That Into You" it put everything in perspective.
Stephd710
by Silver Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 11:19 AM

I hear you.  I hate having to be the first one to make contact everyday.  Makes me feel like a needy stalker.  LOL!  The guy im dating now has been doing a good job of trading off with me making contact.  He is in his off season of work so he sleeps late and usually messages me when he wakes up everyday and we chat off and on until I go to bed.  We also have been doing good at taking turns suggesting dates.  Last weekend I brought him to my friends bbq and out to some local bars (hes not from the same town as me).  A couple weekends before that, i spent the weekend in his town.  Its going good so far.  

steviechick
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 11:31 AM

I'm leaning towards my guy just not used to having someone steady in his life.  Men are odd sometimes.  Its hard to figure THEM out and not us! 

I'll bring it up to him when we see each other again this weekend.  See what he thinks about 'checking in'.  I'm like you gals, I don't want to be 'needy' or a 'stalker'.  I want things to continue to go well between us and I really don't want him to think I'm pushing too much in this relationship.  He's busy at work and I get that.  I am, too.  But it would be nice to know he does think of me. 

Thanks for the feedback!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN