Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Finding time to date and a sitter is impossible

Posted by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 10:42 AM
  • 22 Replies

I have been divorced for 3 years and have a new boyfriend of about a year.  It seems like I always have a hard time finding someone to watch the kids and it makes it so tough to stay connected to BF and do things.  My mom is my go to but that means I'm at the mercy of her schedule.  Forget trying to make a date on my time...it has to be if/when she's not busy if I want her services.  I guess I'm just bummed because I have been unable to go out with BF for his birthday.  I have not found a reliable sitter other than occasional family offers. 

How are you guys dating regularly?  Where do you find the time and the sitter?

by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 10:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jenn8604
by Gold Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 10:45 AM
Why would you want to date your sitter?

I think you should reread your title and figure out where you need punctuation. As of now it says "Finding time and a sitter to date is impossible. "
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kaya529
by Bronze Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 10:47 AM
I only go out after DS is in bed and I am lucky enough to have 2 roommates who are basically hermits and don't mind doing it for me. It is still rare and most of my "dates" with bf are at my house watching movies, playing cards, etc...
mrsary
by Silver Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 10:51 AM
I don't have the energy to date, but if I did I would get a sitter on my time and let my mom live her own life.
Stephd710
by Silver Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 11:15 AM

My girls go to their dads every other weekend so thats when i get out.  

leximann
by Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 11:43 AM

I have a steady reliable sitter who happens to be a good friend.  I lucked out that way.  Even then I don't have the time since I am on call for work basicaly 24/7 in the summer and all but 2 weeks in the winter.  Plus I live in a place where it would be really hard to meet a guy who would fit my standards.  When I am finally able to find a job closer to home it will be easier to find one that fits a little better.

NaviHope
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:05 PM

Quoting Jenn8604:

I think you should reread your title and figure out where you need punctuation. As of now it says "Finding time and a sitter to date is impossible. "

Thanks for the punctuation lesson.  I guess you didn't have any advice on the topic...

easinpc
by Gold Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:17 PM

I date when my sons at his dads, but I know thats not an option for everybody.

Jenn8604
by Gold Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:33 PM
I have no advice on dating a sitter.

Quoting NaviHope:

Quoting Jenn8604:

Thanks for the punctuation lesson.  I guess you didn't have any advice on the topic...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mz23
by Bronze Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 2:13 PM
Ppl can be obnoxious. We get what your saying :) idk im guessing the dad not in their life? I don't have all that much advice. I have absolutely no life. Maybe find a sitter through a sitter site or craigslist perhaps a student in need of extra money or another single mom in the same situation.
NaviHope
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 2:13 PM

You must be bored.  Why are you even on the thread?  Bye.

Quoting Jenn8604:

I have no advice on dating a sitter.

Quoting NaviHope:

Quoting Jenn8604:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN