Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Breast Biopsy

Posted by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:28 AM
  • 9 Replies

Has anyone had one done? Did you go to work after or take the day off? How long does it take?

I am having one done on Wednesdayat 8am and am not sure if I should take the day off. My boss wouldn't really care one way or the other and I have a desk job, we have a fridge/freezer in the break room so I can switch out the ice packs throughout the day.

by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
steviechick
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:49 AM

I've never had one done.  I"m sorry you are going through this.  If your boss doesn't care that you are in the office I would take the rest of the day off.  Relax at home.  That way you can get comfortable on the couch/bed and not worry about getting your work done while feeling uncomfortable switching out ice packs and working.  Do you have enough personal time to take off?

krisnkids
by Gold Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 11:05 AM

I have the time to take off if I want to, I just hate wasting leave hours. I did just ask my boss if he cares if I take the whole day off and he doesn't (I have a good boss). So it is up to me and how I feel afterwards. So thankful for my job and who I work for.

easinpc
by Gold Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 12:21 PM

I have not but here's a bump for you. I hope everything turns out ok for you!!

easinpc
by Gold Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 12:21 PM

This is what I'd do if I could.

Quoting steviechick:

I've never had one done.  I"m sorry you are going through this.  If your boss doesn't care that you are in the office I would take the rest of the day off.  Relax at home.  That way you can get comfortable on the couch/bed and not worry about getting your work done while feeling uncomfortable switching out ice packs and working.  Do you have enough personal time to take off?

easinpc
by Gold Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 12:22 PM

group hug

Maxamista
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 4:48 PM

I would take the day off and yes ive had more than one. Its a stressful time. or was for me anyway.  Depending on what time your appt is maybe do half day then the appt.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:07 PM

I've never had one

mz23
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 4:27 AM
I had a biopsy of my lymph nodes under my arm near my breasts. They gave me pain meds, I didnt use them. I didnt even use pain meds but you may be groggy from the anestesia (sp) and you may be in pain. For me I was told not to do heavy lifting take it easy. Good luck!
Marga01
by Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this
I've had multiple breast biopsies done ad was able to go back to work. Its not so bad. Take some Tylenol for pain and use an ice pack. Save your days for important things with your children. That's what I do. Good luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN