Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Any Moms on here whose kid's father IS involved?

Posted by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 1:01 PM
  • 55 Replies

Hi y'all, I've been gone from this group for a while, just joined back. It seems to have improved to a more positive, supporting group than when I left.

In reading through the posts, I find a lot of women who's child/children's father is not in their lives. My mom and my older sister went down that path....I am super grateful to have my boys' dad in their lives. He gets them every other weekend and we switch off holidays for the most part.

by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 1:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovelyladybump
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 1:47 PM
My sons father takes him for a few hours during the week & over night on Saturdays.
I'm happy he spends time with our son, as much as I don't like him.
BMM0508
by Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 1:56 PM
My kids dad and i have joint custody. We each get them every other week. He seems to have turned into a much better and more attentive father than he used to be when we were married. I am very proud of the person he has grown to be. We fight sometimes still but not often. I am lucky to have him as my ex husband and my kids dad.
amandacr1026
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:02 PM

My daughters father hasn't been involved much at all until just now.. I'm just sitting back and watching to see if he keeps it up.. now that she's almost walking and starting to talk a little I think maybe he's realizing how much there is to miss out on.

krisnkids
by Gold Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:04 PM

Their father is involved long distance. 7 hours away so they only go on holiday or long breaks. Even that is going to change next summer. 6 kids was too much on my ex so they are just each going to go for 2 weeks by themself during the summer.

LauraMH
by Bronze Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 4:29 PM

My kids dad is involved. I wish he didn't get as much time as he does. He is a terrible person. And yes, to them too, not just to me. 

mamalena137
by Bronze Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 5:25 PM

My ex gets our son most weekends, unless we have special plans. He lives an hour away but it seems like things are going good. We actually get along better now, as long as we don't spend more than a few hours talking, and it's about our son. I've been very thankful and lucky.

mrsary
by Silver Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 5:28 PM
He calls once every few months, but hasn't seen them since they were 6 months and 2 yr. They are 3 and 5 now!
aidensmom0407
by Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:19 PM

yes.  My son's father sees him twice a week.  He's supposed to spend the night both nights w/his dad but at times doesn't want to.  We work it out amongst ourselves and are cordial and respectful (for the most part) with each other and our schedules/needs as well as our childs.  Our son always comes first and until he's older and no longer wants to hangout with his parents that's how it will be.

Pink.Sunshine.
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:38 PM

here, he'll always be an active role in their lives and we get along just fine. 

cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:44 PM

My sons dad is very involved in ds's life. He works from home so he spends more time with ds then I do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)