Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any Moms on here whose kid's father IS involved?

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi y'all, I've been gone from this group for a while, just joined back. It seems to have improved to a more positive, supporting group than when I left.

In reading through the posts, I find a lot of women who's child/children's father is not in their lives. My mom and my older sister went down that path....I am super grateful to have my boys' dad in their lives. He gets them every other weekend and we switch off holidays for the most part.

by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 1:01 PM
Replies (51-55):
gabuckeye
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 9:24 PM

My boys stay overnight on Weds and alternating weekends.  He sometimes comes to their extracurricular events.

OCALAMOMOFTWINS
by Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 5:20 PM

Wow! If I didn't know better, I would swear that we were fighting the same man. Boarderlline personality disorder. It sounds like you have a very good case for parental alienation. You might just get a modification in your favor. 

I have just been served with my second motion for contempt this year. For putting my kids in preschool, for heaven's sake. He, too, says that even though he gets more visitation than our agreement calls for, I am vindictive for not giving him more (full custody) visitation. He wants the court to appoint a family coordinator, a court appointed proxy, so that he can control every aspect of our lives. This time, I cannot wait to get in front of the judge. I am going after him for harrassment. 

These men are just control freaks. I am glad that you have found someone better. Congratulations on your upcoming marriage. Stay strong, and good luck!

Quoting Ponytailmom2007:

This is actually the reason I joined the group. I've been divorced since 2010 after a 2 1/2 year divorce process culminating in a trial due to a custody dispute.  In the end I was awarded primary custody (about 65/35) but we share joint legal custody. My son's father is very involved but incredibly competitive and would love to overturn the custody agreement. He won't admit to anyone that he doesn't have full or "fair" custody (as he likes to put it) and never misses an opportunity to tell me that I'm manipulative, uncooperative and am failing to foster a healthy relationship between him and his son - simply because I won't just give him more custody.  He says that if I want to be a good mom I should be giving him more time than what is spelled out in our custody agreement.(His exact words)

I've been looking for information on parental alienation so that I can deal with and hopefully put a stop to the detrimental comments and conversations my ex is having with our son. He has shared details of our divorce that no 6-yr old should hear, frequently tells our son that the judge "didn't make it fair" and has already told him that he can decide to live with dad when he turns 14. About a year ago I said no to enrolling our son in more than 1 extracurricular sport at a time (again, he's 6 years old), and in response my ex and his wife told our son that it was because "I didn't want him spending more time with his dad". I've kept a log of all the comments and have even taken video of my son sharing some of these comments with me, I've confronted my ex and said he was inappropriate and needs to stop, but he denies all of it. It sounds paranoid of me, but I know my son is being brainwashed to prefer his father.  I'm planning to remarry but my future husband just accepted a job out of state and I fully expect another ugly custody battle to ensue once I request a modification to move with my son.

My son's father is very involved but incredibly competitive and would love to overturn the custody agreement.Quoting OCALAMOMOFTWINS:

My boys' father is a little TOO involved. He continually drags me in to family court for every disagreement. He is trying to overturn our custody agreement. I have just been served my second petition to modify custody. The ink is not yet dry on the motion for contempt, in which I was found not to be in contempt.

By the way, my sons are only two.

TipTopTash
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 1:26 AM

The father of my children will be involved. I have one son and one on the way. I know I should be greatful for his involvement, but I am bitter and disappointed. I don't like that he gets to be the "fun" parent all the time while I try to grow up decent men in this world! I'm looking for any words of wisdom to get through the anger and depression part of this
alice78
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 12:10 PM
My kids father is very active in their lives and we make most decisions concerning them, together. My girls are lucky because hes an amazing dad to them and they adore him.
SueSahara
by Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 12:50 PM
trust me when I say none of us intentionally chose these losers

Quoting Oliviasmom72:

My ex and I have a good relationship and he is an outstanding dad. We have joint custody with me having about 60% parenting time. There are a lot of women on here that picked total losers to father their kids so you will here that a lot on here. There are a few of us that picked great men to father our children :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)