Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Ugh Men....

Posted by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:08 PM
  • 10 Replies

I met a guy long story short he's a widow of three years and we usually talk pretty regularly....well it was over 24 hrs he didnt say a word to me....reading this book 'Hes just not that into you' I chalked it up as hes not into me and started to accept it and move on.....then this early afternoon I get 'Sorry I seem distant. I really do think about you a ton. This just seems hard.' Is that a Im not in to you and I think we shouldnt try.....or its just going to take time? I asked him what was hard cuz we both have kids and theres also an hour and half distance between us.....and got no answer. I hate over analyzing....

by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steviechick
by Gold Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:50 PM

I say wait for the answer.  If he doesn't text back then time to move on.  Perhaps the distance to drive back and forth isn't as easy as he thought and perhaps having kids makes his too busy to commute and have the time for a relationship.  Anyway, wait for a response and don't jump to conclusions. 

Sometimes I feel the same way about stuff - jumping to conclusions.  I'm in a new relationship myself.  I want to go slow and then I want to go fast.  Poor guy I'm with has no idea how I feel.  LOL! 

easinpc
by Gold Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 5:28 PM

I would just wait to see what he says (if he answers) and go from there.  Good luck!!

easinpc
by Gold Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 5:30 PM

I can completely relate to the part in red right now.  Lol except I brought it up last night in a conversation with him.  Him and I are both completely honest with one another so I almost started to feel guilty that I was feeling that way (jumping to conclusions about how sporadic texts were sometimes) and not bringing it up so I mentioned it to him.  I felt much better after the conversation :)

Quoting steviechick:

I say wait for the answer.  If he doesn't text back then time to move on.  Perhaps the distance to drive back and forth isn't as easy as he thought and perhaps having kids makes his too busy to commute and have the time for a relationship.  Anyway, wait for a response and don't jump to conclusions. 

Sometimes I feel the same way about stuff - jumping to conclusions.  I'm in a new relationship myself.  I want to go slow and then I want to go fast.  Poor guy I'm with has no idea how I feel.  LOL! 

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Sep. 5, 2013 at 6:35 PM

Quoting easinpc:

I would just wait to see what he says (if he answers) and go from there.  Good luck!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
achavez219
by Abby on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:33 PM
Give him time to respond. As a widow of 2yrs myself, I think I'm ready to date but when I do find someone worth talking to, I start to back out when things are going good because it feels different. It has nothing to do with the person, it's just different than what I'm used to if that makes sense :)
Chunkymunkey922
by Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:39 PM
Has he dated any since his wife passed? Im dating a widower. Its def not easy. There are a lot of ups and downs. if youre really interested in him just be there for him and be patient.
cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:40 PM

Wait and see what he says. I'm sure it's hard since you both have kids and you live so far away from each other.

alexis_06
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:46 AM

i would wait and see!!!  hope it all works out  :)

MommyAJ2921
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 12:47 PM
I agree with everyone. Take your time and enjoy yourself.
dawncs
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:46 PM

You might want to read a blog written by Abel Keogh. I think that is how his name is spelled. He started the blog after he became a young widower after his wife committed suicide while pregnant. His daughter was born but died within two weeks of her birth. He is now remarried with several kids. I really think it can help you understand him better than the book you are reading.

Dawn

Group owner of Different Learners Support Group (http://www.cafemom.com/group/118648)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)