Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

baby's father in jail

Posted by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 7:09 PM
  • 13 Replies

I've stated this on here before.  My baby's father is in jail due to his drug addiction.  Even though I am still with him I consider myself a single mom as for the time being I am all alone. I'm just wondering if anyone else is in the same situation.

Background story: Starting in May I found out he was using.  We attempted to get him in a rehab, but he has no insurance.  County drug & alc intake sent him to the welfare office to get assistance.  He was denied.  We really didn't know what to do so he told me he would try to taper down on his own.  It seemed to be the only option.  It seemed like he was doing better for a while [I was taking all the money so how could he be buying drugs?]  He was doing illegal things to support his habit.  I made the decision to stick this out with him.  I care about him and want to see him be his best.  I know I'm taking a chance, but when I look back I won't regret giving him a chance.  My family is supporting me with this decision.  He really isn't a bad person.  He needs help, unfortunately it had to come to this before that could happen.

by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 7:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Shy_Dia
by Silver Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 7:13 PM
Ummm... somewhat. I'm not with my son's dad tho, haven't seen pregnancy. He got into really hard drugs and it took him being locked up in prison for him to 'see' a future.

Idk if he's gonna fuck up. He might. He's only been out for 2 days now (since Wednesday)... I hope he doesn't. (Part of me thinks he will)

I hope it works out for you guys. Even if he's around, he's still missing out on a lot by being in a drug induced state, or thinking about his next high and how to get it.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:28 PM
I hope he chooses to change himself.
MandaMom23
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:31 PM

I hope he comes out clean and you & your family have a bright future.

Christenrenee
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:55 PM

Thanks everyone.  I hope so too.  He kept telling me no matter what he would have it together by October [thats when I'm due].  I told if he didn't I was leaving him.  I know that had this not happen he never would have been able to do it on his own.  So in a strange way this is a blessing for us.  The court will likely order rehab, but his court date might not be til late october/early november.  At least we hope thats what happens.  I hate for him to miss this part of Olyvia's life, but at least he would get to hold her a few weeks-month after she was born.  [In jail theres no contact visits.  He could see her buts thats all]  Theres also a chance I might be alone for the delivery.  My mom is coming up to visit, but its hard to plan the timing since who knows when she could arrive.  If I go early, I'll be alone. My brother is staying when my mom comes up, but I don't think I'll want him in the actual room.  At least I wouldn't feel completely alone. I'm starting to ramble.

Christenrenee
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:57 PM
Quoting Shy_Dia:

Ummm... somewhat. I'm not with my son's dad tho, haven't seen pregnancy. He got into really hard drugs and it took him being locked up in prison for him to 'see' a future.

Idk if he's gonna fuck up. He might. He's only been out for 2 days now (since Wednesday)... I hope he doesn't. (Part of me thinks he will)

I hope it works out for you guys. Even if he's around, he's still missing out on a lot by being in a drug induced state, or thinking about his next high and how to get it.

Good luck to you.  I hope your baby's father stays on track.  How old is your child?

Shy_Dia
by Silver Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:08 PM
He'll be 8 in October

Quoting Christenrenee:

Quoting Shy_Dia:

Good luck to you.  I hope your baby's father stays on track.  How old is your child?

cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:53 PM
2 moms liked this
Good luck! It's really hard for people to kick addiction, especially without help.
SarahSueCN
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 7:09 PM

My kids dad has been in prison 9 years of my daughter 10 years of life. He likes to do drugs and then use guns... He was just recently arrested again for a parole violation and did 90 days. He was let out but there is a pending investigation on him. I broke up with him after his first year in prison. I AM a single mom. I have tried to be civil but it is difficult when he continues to make the same mistakes over and over. I had to pull the plug on him and continue with mine and my daughters life. It is not easy. I need help from family and other resources. You may experiance this as well. I suggest you get into some support groups. Even if it's just online. Maybe join alanon. And you can also join SPAOA. It's a free site that helps single parents with resources in their area. www.spaoa.org   If you wanna chat you can always msg me. Best of luck to you! 

alexis_06
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 7:11 PM
1 mom liked this

good luck, must be hard!! i hope he stays clean!!

Christenrenee
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 8:08 PM
1 mom liked this

This is what I fear.  If he screws up - I'm done. 

Quoting SarahSueCN:

My kids dad has been in prison 9 years of my daughter 10 years of life. He likes to do drugs and then use guns... He was just recently arrested again for a parole violation and did 90 days. He was let out but there is a pending investigation on him. I broke up with him after his first year in prison. I AM a single mom. I have tried to be civil but it is difficult when he continues to make the same mistakes over and over. I had to pull the plug on him and continue with mine and my daughters life. It is not easy. I need help from family and other resources. You may experiance this as well. I suggest you get into some support groups. Even if it's just online. Maybe join alanon. And you can also join SPAOA. It's a free site that helps single parents with resources in their area. www.spaoa.org   If you wanna chat you can always msg me. Best of luck to you! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)