Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

grateful he is a deadbeat...

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 8:05 AM
  • 27 Replies
My ex h only calls once a month and says hes coming visit, I say ok and thats it. He has done that for the past 3.5 years. Its a good thing cause he is terribly violent and mean. He started off being a deadbeat trying to hurt me for divorcing him. Now I don't care he tries to control by using visitation. Smh. He is losing, but does not realize it. I play along to get rid of him.
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 8:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsary
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 8:07 AM
1 mom liked this
He hasn't actually used the visitation in the 3.5 years he says hes coming!
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Sep. 7, 2013 at 3:40 PM
3 moms liked this
I'm glad mine is a deadbeat too they are the ones missing out
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexis_06
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:39 AM
2 moms liked this

mines a deadbeat too!! and i have nooooo problem with it! :)

Bookoholic
by Bronze Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:42 AM
2 moms liked this
My ex is a deadbeat too, spent all of ds's childhood in prison except for this year. But who knows maybe he's back there again. Eh shrugs I never hear from him unless he is in prison anyways.
SarahSueCN
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 6:59 PM
2 moms liked this

I am too... I dont want to share. the longer he continues being a total loser the longer I do not have to let him have visitation with our daughter. Im sure she will have some issues surrounding her dad eventually. But she does have 2 awesome grandfathers and and uncle. So thats something. Hang in there ladies. It's the best we can do! 

diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Sep. 12, 2013 at 7:13 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm grateful mine is a deadbeat to! I don't have to share our boys with him, I make all the decisions, and when my boys are older they can see what a loser he is and I don't even have to see anything bad about him, they just see it for themselves.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 7:34 PM
1 mom liked this
In all honesty some kids are better off not having a relationship with their father.
CrazeeCat007
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 7:39 PM
2 moms liked this
Lucky women! I wish mine would be a deadbeat instead of a half-ass... He's pretty self centered though, never has done anything for our son and lost interest after a few months of him being born and it's only been 2 weeks since we broke up so he still could become uninterested.... Hopefully. Mine is a selfish-perverted-lying-lazy ass and would be a terrible role model for my son so I kinda hope he ends up a deadbeat. (Is that bad to wish?):/
Nadine254
by Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:56 PM
1 mom liked this

mine was a good dad when we were married. We have been divorced for 2 1/2 years and has seen the kids 3 times. he never calls them. Up until recently I held out hope that he would come around. I would be the one to call him to talk to the kids and I just finally gave up. It hurt me so much to watch our kids be rejected by him. but, we are learning to get over it.  we are doing fine without him.

Jenn8604
by Gold Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 11:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Nope wish away honey
I'm wishing for you too!

Quoting CrazeeCat007:

Lucky women! I wish mine would be a deadbeat instead of a half-ass... He's pretty self centered though, never has done anything for our son and lost interest after a few months of him being born and it's only been 2 weeks since we broke up so he still could become uninterested.... Hopefully. Mine is a selfish-perverted-lying-lazy ass and would be a terrible role model for my son so I kinda hope he ends up a deadbeat. (Is that bad to wish?):/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN