Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Vent vent vent

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 2:43 PM
  • 7 Replies
Early Thursday morning my 13 year old had a seizure- it was his first and very terrifying. I texted my x to let him know what happened (though he doesn't see the kids). No response.
My son is ok ( thank God) but was scared. He wanted to call his dad. Couldn't get a hold of him and left message.

X called back and they spoke- I gave him the details...apparently he started a new job and couldn't talk long so he said he'd call back later....he didn't. Son was worried about him and left several messages...nothing. The next day son called him back and got a hold of him .. They spoke for about two minutes and then x said he had to go get something to eat and rushed son off the phone.

It doesn't really surprise me....he has never been the most present father, but damn it! My kid was scared and reached out to him and got brushed off. Btw, of my 3 kids, this is the only one who will even still talk to my x.

It is so frustrating. I know how painful his dismissive behavior feels to me, but for him to treat our son this way?????

God, I just hate him.
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 2:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Sep. 7, 2013 at 3:21 PM
How frustrating I'm sorry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 5:07 PM

:(  I'm sorry, that must have made your 13 year old feel so much worse than the seizure already had hm feeling.  Your ex is a jerk!

cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:03 PM
That's horrible. Having a seizure is scary and for his dad to just brush him off like that is wrong.
alexis_06
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:26 AM

that's terrible!! sorry he acts like that towards your son!  glad he's ok tho, sounds like he was scared.

MommyAJ2921
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 12:28 PM

First of all, glad your son is ok. Second you have every right to be angry at how he treated his son. We know they can be jerks to us but to do it to the children that didn't ask to be here is something all together different.

Just be there for your son, love him all the more and let him know you care. It's going to be hard for him but don't talk ill of his father in front of him or the other kids. Let him formulate his own opinion of his father. In the long run, your actions wills peak louder than any words his father might have said or will say.

Its hard but in the end it'll be worth it.

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Sep. 9, 2013 at 9:42 AM

I'm sorry {{HUGS}}

PKOERNER
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:02 AM
I'm so so so sorry. Unfortunately your son will learn about his dad the very hard way. Paybacks are hell
At some point your x WILL want a relationship with his son (probably when x more settled and not chasing women etc)
And it will be up to your son to forgive or not.
Stick to your guns, remain loving. Let him call his dad as often as he wants, and just be there for him. I'm sorry this happened and hope he is okay.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)