Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Money money money!!! Budget tips and tricks!

Posted by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 11:13 AM
  • 5 Replies
A few mamas asked me to make a post about how I budget my money. What are your budget tips???

Money is probably one of anyone's biggest stressors. Where does it all go?? I sat down with my monthly bills wrote everything down looked where I could cut back (do I really need all of those channels can I just use my cell phone and not have a land line) bills like gas and electric vary so I usually budget for the highest it gets.
I have money from each of my checks directly go into a savings I don't see it I don't miss it.
After the bills/daycare/gas are accounted for I see what is left I set a food budget I also make sure to not assign some if the money because something may come up. I cook a whole chicken then make different things out of it all week. Leftovers and rarely eating out. I shop thrift stores take in bottles and cans.
Hope this helps!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 11:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
twin_mama_x_2
by Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Buy generic,no eating out,buying large packs of snacks & portioning out individual portions into baggies,yard sales,Craigslist,basic cable, & making my own coffee..
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 1:18 PM

Having money go straight from payroll into a separate account is a really good idea.  If you don't see it, you don't use it.  

Ecoseem
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Sounds radical but, get rid of your tv service, seriously.  It's not that big of a thing, can save you money (even $30 is still usable elsewhere) and you'll end up spending more quality time with your kids.  I'd drop my internet too but I'm under contract for another year.  Seriously, why do you need service when places everywhere offer it for free?  As soon as it's up, it's going away, and I'll be doing my homework at the library/mcdonalds/starbucks/where ever offers it.

cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 4:29 PM
I don't have cable only internet. I shop sales and use coupons as much as possible.
KRIZZ25
motherhood is not a race..u can't outdo one another..u go go ur own speed.
Yesterday at 2:56 AM
by Platinum Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 1:20 AM
I USED THE ENVELOPE PLANE.I HAVE A ENVELOPS FOR EACH BILL AND FOOD,EXTRA .I DIVIDE UP MY PAY IN EACH ONE ..I EVEN HAVE A SAVING ENVELOPE .I TRY TO PUT A LITTLE IN SAVING ONCE A MONTH.I DID THAT 4 9 MONTH'S ..WEN I WAS MAKING 7.50 HR .WTH IN 9 MONTH'S I HAD SAVED $1200.00..OF COURSE I DIDN'T HAVE KIDS THEN BUT THIS COULD HELP U ANY WAY .I DONT USE BANKS BUT TO CASH MY CHECK.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)