Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I called in sick at work...

Posted by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 3:36 PM
  • 17 Replies
So that I had enought time to be able to clean the house while my DS is at school. I have tried waking up at 5am so I can have an hour to get ready and do chores but then by noon I'm almost half asleep. I have tried doing stuff after he goes to bed, but end up falling asleep on the couch after a "five minute" break. He is an only child and usually plays good by himself or with our dog. We have no close friends or family in the area. There is only so much caffeine I can take. I'd rather leave dishes in the sink and a mess in the bedroom and be playing with him and cars in the livingroom. What do you do to keep an organized house and not have to cut into quality time with your kid(s)?
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 3:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
charmgirl
by Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 3:39 PM
Our house is an embarassment, its a wreck. We live with my dad and he's no help. I don't have time to to clean up after all these people. I can totally relate to you. Its difficult. I don't know how people do it. I already feel worn down so idk how much more I could be doing.
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Sep. 8, 2013 at 3:44 PM
I do a different room each day and just keep it picked up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 4:26 PM
My house is a mess
mz23
by Bronze Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 8:55 PM
How old is he? Can you put him on your back while doing the dishes and tidying up the rooms? Then you can just do the bathroom after he goes to sleep.
ngarciaf
by Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 7:49 AM
He is three. I can see him play while I do the dishes or clean the kitchen. We play a "game" to see who can pick up toys the fastest. But the rest of the cleaning is hard to do. And folding laundry is crazy. I wash every week.

Quoting mz23:

How old is he? Can you put him on your back while doing the dishes and tidying up the rooms? Then you can just do the bathroom after he goes to sleep.

NOLAmommaKRYS
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 8:07 AM
Dd started going to her dads every other weekend so now my house is more organized now. But before that, I'd try to get Dd to help (wasn't much help).

I also get up at 6am bc my friend drops off her daughter to me at 6:15 so I can take both girls to school in the mornings so I make breakfast and lunch and clean up a little in between. I do my major cleaning on the weekends when she is with her daddy.
krisnkids
by Gold Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 8:19 AM
2 moms liked this

Try flylady.net In a nutshell, she says to do things in 15 minute increments. Don't try to do it all at once, you will be overwhelmed. The morning and bedtime routines have been a great start for me.

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:19 AM

I do little by little each day and night.  and flylady is a great start too.

ngarciaf
by Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:30 PM
Never heard of it. Will give it a try. Thanks!!!!!

Quoting krisnkids:

Try flylady.net In a nutshell, she says to do things in 15 minute increments. Don't try to do it all at once, you will be overwhelmed. The morning and bedtime routines have been a great start for me.

Robsessed98
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 1:28 PM
If he's school age, he's old enough to help with the chores. You can have quality time with him washing dishes or folding laundry together, plus teach him responsibility at the same time. My girls loved helping me clean.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN