Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I called in sick at work...

Posted by   + Show Post
So that I had enought time to be able to clean the house while my DS is at school. I have tried waking up at 5am so I can have an hour to get ready and do chores but then by noon I'm almost half asleep. I have tried doing stuff after he goes to bed, but end up falling asleep on the couch after a "five minute" break. He is an only child and usually plays good by himself or with our dog. We have no close friends or family in the area. There is only so much caffeine I can take. I'd rather leave dishes in the sink and a mess in the bedroom and be playing with him and cars in the livingroom. What do you do to keep an organized house and not have to cut into quality time with your kid(s)?
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 3:36 PM
Replies (11-17):
easinpc
by Gold Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 1:42 PM

Same here.  That and my son helps clean.

Quoting LifeCafe42:

I do a different room each day and just keep it picked up.

mmpdrs07
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 2:06 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL my son is also 3 and it never fails if I try to clean up he un-cleans as soon as im done.  My house isn't terrible but I do usually have a few dishes or OMG piles of laundry to be folded.  I try and that's the best I can do.  

KRIZZ25
by Platinum Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 3:29 PM
he can help u dust ,wash windows ,vacuum..3 year olds can do a lot .just give him a chance..take the help wen u can get it ..
happymommy1105
by Gold Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 4:16 PM

i make them help me clean.  there is no reason why he can't clean too.  

most of the cleaning happens on weekends.

ngarciaf
by Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 4:55 PM
It seems like there is always a pile of laundry to be folded.

Quoting mmpdrs07:

LOL my son is also 3 and it never fails if I try to clean up he un-cleans as soon as im done.  My house isn't terrible but I do usually have a few dishes or OMG piles of laundry to be folded.  I try and that's the best I can do.  

ngarciaf
by Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 4:58 PM
He helps. I make it a game for him. He helps to vacuum a lil but gets tired. Does the mirrors with me and takes his clothes out of the dryer and brings it to me. I always tell him his the "man" of the house and always has to help. He smiles and helps. But the real cleaning still needs to be done.

Quoting KRIZZ25:

he can help u dust ,wash windows ,vacuum..3 year olds can do a lot .just give him a chance..take the help wen u can get it ..

lnrmom
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 5:13 PM

This EXACTLY. I couldn't do all that I do without flylady.

Quoting krisnkids:

Try flylady.net In a nutshell, she says to do things in 15 minute increments. Don't try to do it all at once, you will be overwhelmed. The morning and bedtime routines have been a great start for me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN