Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Always On...

Posted by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:46 PM
  • 6 Replies

The day I found out I was pregnant, I was over the moon excited, but I knew bd would not be, and boy was I right.  From that moment on I had mentally prepared to be a single mom, so a year later, after trying to turn a toxic, unhealthy relationship into the happy family my son deserves, I am sitting on my couch single, exhausted and HAPPY!! Since leaving Bd I have been so much happier and relieved and being a single mom suits me.  Bd has not seen or even been in contact for over a month now, so it is 100% mommy, and I love it! Although today I was sad as I was preparing for our Sunday outing, thinking of all the plans we had made as a family and wishing bd was here to join in on our family day! Being "on" all the time can be tiring, but sooo worth every second of the peace, harmony and happiness that is in my home now! 

Those single moms who have similar situations, how do you feel about always "being on"?

by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
BMM0508
Haha! People joining groups they dont belong in. :-P
Yesterday at 10:20 PM
by Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 10:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Glad you are happy! :-)
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:03 AM
1 mom liked this
I absolutely love being a mom especially who I had the child with I'm glad for my son I'm single he has a better opportunity of having an awesome life. I couldn't imagine it any other way
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:26 AM

life is good for us.

Robsessed98
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 9:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Congrats on being free. It's not always easy, but you will get used to it. Just be sure you remember that you deserve off time as well and take it when you can.
sspicoley
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 9:49 PM
With my dd being 12 I feel like I have more "me" time as she does her own thing. We are still very close but its nice being able to live the way I want to live. Maybe one day I will want someone in my life but I really like it jut being me and my dd. we live by our own set of rules and are happy. Yes it gets hard at times but not as much now that she is older.
steviechick
by Gold Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 10:28 AM

It is nice knowing that you don't have that extra baggage in your life.  If I had someone tough in my life when things were downright miserable when I was married to my ex I would have left him.  Instead I stayed.  Biggest mistake in my life.  I stayed and found out I was married to a piece of crap.

It's not easy being a single mom.  Your child depends on you more than any other person.  You are strong enough to move on.  You are in a much better place now. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)