Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Hey All :),

Just got back from a trip with another single mom and her son, who is my son's friend from school.

They had a ball! We went to an indoor water park that had a hotel and all kinds of stuff in it :). It was right down the street from Kalahari and Cedar Point in Sandusky, OH.

It reminded me of Florida a lot :). And it was so nice to get away from all the stress of all the usual stuff that has to get done, lol

The only thing that bothered me was that the other mom was really stressed out and frustrated a lot. I kept taking it personally and thinking it was me. I'm a very sensitive person, so I pick up on other peoples' moods very easily.

She would just act mad and irritated and not want to talk about it. I'd be in a happy mood and just enjoying everything and then it would bother me, but not a lot. I would just go do something or put the focus back on the boys and it would get better.

That was the only negative thing about the trip. I was tired when we got back, but happy to be home, too :).

One thing I learned about myself this week and is I'm getting stronger. A lot of stuff went wrong, but I didn't get that upset about it. Not nearly as much as I've had before. I'm usually kind of a drama queen, but lately, I've been just keeping myself focused on Plan B when I'm confronted with any obstacle.

I was still happy, for the most part, this weekend, in spite of the obstacles :). I guess I'm learning how to let go of some stuff as it arises :).

by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 11:38 PM
Replies (11-11):
Cricket2013
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:52 AM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)