Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

IUD?!

Posted by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 2:20 AM
  • 8 Replies
Any one here have one or had one in the past??

I've had mine for almost 2 years and always gotten my period on time(I track it on an app) I'm now 3 days late and worried. I've gotten a pain in my left side. It's not constant just every once and awhile. And bareable.

Anyone gotten pregnant with one???
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 2:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
lightoftheworld
by Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Which kind do you have?

I got pregnant with a paraguard (my youngest daughter)

I had the mirena for a long time and the low hormones caused me to frequently miss periods and have occasional random spotting
achavez219
by Abby on Sep. 9, 2013 at 11:08 PM
I have had the mirena for 4 yrs and I spot every now & then but for the most part don't have periods anymore. My cycle seems to be thrown off more with my sister living with me but other than that its pretty normal to not have one.
Missmolly91
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 11:02 AM
I have the paraguard. I know a few people who have gotten pregnant with it!
MamaFLgurl
by Lucas' mama on Sep. 10, 2013 at 12:58 PM

I have had the Paragard for 3 1/2 years. Never gotten pregnant.

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 1:26 PM

ugh no but ive had one for three months, got it two months post partum. i came out of my pregnancy feeling and looking great, 17 pounds down from conception weight. now my hair is falling out in clumps, more than what is normal for post partum, and i have gained a lot of weight in my stomach, wasit, and upper legs. on top of that zero libido. needless to say, im taking it out. i dont need help gaining weight lol. i feel so disappointed because i was very happy w my appearance post partum and now feel like it got shot to shit.

easinpc
by Gold Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 1:34 PM

I take the pill so I don't have any experience with an IUD.  Here's a bump for you!!

KPBMom
by Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Ditto.  Some months I know I'm ovulating because my breasts get tender and then nothing for another month.  I love it, especially after suffering through massive cramping and bleeding for 5 years.  I just had my second one put in.

Quoting achavez219:

I have had the mirena for 4 yrs and I spot every now & then but for the most part don't have periods anymore. My cycle seems to be thrown off more with my sister living with me but other than that its pretty normal to not have one.

Mom to DD19, DS18 & DD8
Misha1204
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 11:43 PM
I don't have any experience, but I wish you luck in finding the answers you need.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)