Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I lost my temper about his grandma today

Posted by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 9:44 PM
  • 9 Replies

I coudn't hold it in anymore.  This woman is so passive aggressive, always saying belittling things to my son, like "you want a haircut right?  My friend at work saw your picture and thought you were a girl"  when his hair wasn't even past his ears.  I despise this woman.  Always undermining me, ALWAYS. 

Ds's dad lives with his (ds's) grandma, so whenever he goes for visitation he sees her.  This past weekend, apparently she took him to get his hair cut, which doesn't seem like a big deal right?  Except we've fought about this before, and I had said if it happened again, he wouldn't be going back.  The problem is not the hair, it's the fact that she knows I hate it when she does it, nobody bothers telling me about it, much less asking, and they do this with everything.  I just can't take it anymore.  I told his dad that "All of our weekends are busy with extra curriculars until November,  so unless you want to drive your fat @ss up here to see him play soccer, we'll see you in the winter."  Which of course turned into a big fight because I had an obvious attitude.  I have reached back out to his dad and said that he can see ds anytime he wants to drive up here, I'll even reimburse him for gas, which he won't settle for. 

I know I'm in the wrong for this being a big deal, but if I can't trust them to tell me about little stuff, what about the big stuff?  That woman has no idea of his medical or emotional history or anything.  I'm still furious.  She screwed her own kids up enough, she can keep her filthy lying hands off of mine.  He can see her, but not without my supervision.

"Parent" is a verb.

by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 9:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
steviechick
by Gold Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Good for you for trying to keep your kids away from their very strange grandmother.  Since your ex does live with his mother it's going to be hard to keep her away from your children (or child).  If anything perhaps you can re-negotiate where your ex takes your child.  Since there are medical and emotional needs that your child has that seems to wreck havoc with your ex-MIL I would think that you need to contact your attorney about the visitation rights your ex now has and adjust them ASAP.  You obviously can't change your ex-MIL's behavior, but you can try to keep her away from your son.

Robsessed98
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 2:00 PM
If bd has legal visitation and lives with her, the only way you can keep ds away from her is by court order, but it would take a lot more than that to get it. All you can do is keep encouraging bd to come to ds instead of ds going to his house.
krisnkids
by Gold Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 2:04 PM

I'd be careful of what you are doing. If dad gets too pissed off he can go to the courts and ask for a change in custody because you are refusing to provide the child for his parenting times. Then your son would be living with the beast.

Oliviasmom72
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 2:11 PM

There is not much you can do about grandma. If Dad wants to live with mommy, he can. Also technically if he has weekend visits you have to follow it regardless of extracurricular. Dad can take you back to court.

Ecoseem
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:53 PM

So is it one of those things that's in the parenting time guidelines but not actually something that's followed?  In the book/classes we got, he has to take ds to any activities that fall on his weekends, but since he lives 2 hours away he always chooses to just give up his time.

Quoting Oliviasmom72:

There is not much you can do about grandma. If Dad wants to live with mommy, he can. Also technically if he has weekend visits you have to follow it regardless of extracurricular. Dad can take you back to court.

"Parent" is a verb.

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Sep. 10, 2013 at 10:19 PM

I would be so annoyed

Misha1204
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 11:46 PM
This

Quoting hayliedlr:

I would be so annoyed

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diaperstodating
by Angel on Sep. 11, 2013 at 12:01 AM

Bump

Ecoseem
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 10:34 AM
Aha! So I realized this morning that bio dad and I don't have a legal visitation schedule, it was never set up! He can't do anything to me but take me to court to actually set up visitation! So, I texted him this morning & said that he needed to schedule a time with me to discuss his interests in visitation while ds isn't around.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)