Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Help!!!

Posted by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 11:30 PM
  • 8 Replies
I got married with my baby dad but now we split up and I'm filing for divorce. I filed for child support because he barely gave me money for are daughters needs. I spoke to him today and we were able to come to an agreement. My question now is how do I cancel the child support case in California?
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 11:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Nadine254
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 2:02 AM

I would call them and ask. I live in CA. My and I had an agreement between ourselves and it didn't end up very well. I went to the child support calculator that they have on the child support website that they use to determine the actual amount he should be paying. turns out he was paying me 1/2 of what he should have been paying. I asked him about this and he said he wouldn't give me what that amout so I went ahead and filed child support. That would be my advice to you. Just make sure he is giving you the right amount. good

krisnkids
by Gold Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:08 AM

Write out the agreement and file it with the courts.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:14 AM
I would write out the agreement and notarize then take it to your cs hearing. That way it is in writing through the courts and can be enforced
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
easinpc
by Gold Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:21 AM

I agree with this.  Even though you two have reached an agreement I would still set it up within the courts.  You may be getting along now but that doesnt mean you always will be.

Quoting LifeCafe42:

I would write out the agreement and notarize then take it to your cs hearing. That way it is in writing through the courts and can be enforced

easinpc
by Gold Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:21 AM

group hug

steviechick
by Gold Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 10:02 AM

This.....and make sure that you are getting what is the maximum amount in your state.  Not sure what CA law is.   

Quoting LifeCafe42:

Robsessed98
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 1:31 PM
You don't! He can agree to anything now, but if (when) he gets mad or changes his mind, he doesn't have to pay and you're screwed. Follow through with the court ordered support so he has to pay.
BeckBeck1004
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 1:48 PM

I went threw a similar situation with my son's father. I never wanted to put him on child support. It's a personal decision of mine. However, there came a time when he caused me finanical trouble and was acting a prick about it. So I filed papers.

He and I eventually came to an agreement. So I called the number on the paper they send you saying your file is being processed. They wil  give you the information you need to go foward with dimissing child support claim.

A word of caution: I did this because I never wanted or want his money, so if he stoped giving me money I was more than fine with that. All I wanted is for him to have a relationship with his son. Sounds crazy to most but that is what i decided.

now: he doesnt give me money, hasnt for the last 2yrs. He goes all out on special ocassions and i know if i did ask him for money he would give me without question. I would  go into depth about why I went down this path but I dont want get on a tangent =) Hope I helped a lil. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)