Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dad or not?

Posted by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 12:17 PM
  • 21 Replies
Should I let my 2 call my boyfriend dad? Her father isn't involved at all hasn't been since day one pottery much. She has call him dad on her own a few times and I was just wondering if encourage her to take him on as her dad would be okay. He takes really good care of her and loves her very much. I just am not sure what I should do here please help.
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 12:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lightoftheworld
by Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 12:20 PM
1 mom liked this
I would wait until you are married. Not saying this will happen, but it would be pretty confusing for her if you broke up and she still thought he was her daddy
Robsessed98
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this
If y'all get married and he adopts her, absolutely. But until then, he's not her dad.
krisnkids
by Gold Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 12:24 PM

He's not dad so no. What happens in 2 years if you break up with bf, then you have to explain to a 4 yo why she can't go see 'dad' anymore or if sperm donor decides to step up and be a man. You and bf think up a nickname, have her use that.

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 4:36 PM

Agree.

Quoting Robsessed98:

If y'all get married and he adopts her, absolutely. But until then, he's not her dad.

MandaMom23
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 4:37 PM

I wouldnt have my son calling a boyfriend dad.  Until you are married there are just too many risks.

DDDaysh
by Silver Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 5:19 PM

No, not a good idea unless and until he adopts her.  

heretolisten
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 5:53 PM

Ditto 

Quoting amonkeymom:

Agree.

Quoting Robsessed98:

cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 9:36 PM

I wouldn't unless you guys are married,

NOLAmommaKRYS
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 9:42 PM
I'd say no. Not unless you are married. But I agree with previous poster who says to come up with a special nickname for him that she gets to call him.
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Sep. 12, 2013 at 7:07 PM

this

Quoting Robsessed98:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)