Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Who stays with your child when he is sick?

Posted by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 1:22 PM
  • 22 Replies

Are you able to stay home when your child is sick?  Or, do you have to call a friend or family member or their other parent to stay with them while you work?

by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 1:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
miss_AP
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 1:37 PM

I call in when I have to. I'm fortunate to have a sister and her husband that work shift work and are often off for all or part of the day. My dad works for himself but travels, so he can often reschedule something or arrange to be home to help me with doctor or dentist appointments so I take less time. My mom has lots of sick time built up so if I really can't take a day she will call in sick. I'm super fortunate.

easinpc
by Gold Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 1:37 PM

I stay home with him.  If he just hasn't been fever free to long enough or on meds long enough but feels ok/is ok and just can't return to school yet he comes to work with me.  Otherwise I stay at home with him.

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 1:59 PM

I'm blessed with a job that I can work from home.  So when one of my kids is sick they just stay home while I work.

grneyedormom
by Kendra on Sep. 12, 2013 at 2:09 PM
I usually see if my parents are open to watching my kid when she's sick. If she's super contagious, I have amazing flexibility at my job to call in and stay home with her so she doesn't expose anyone.
melissanoel
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 2:24 PM

My mom watches my daughter while I work, so she stays with her when she's sick. If she's really sick or clingy I'll stay home with her.

steviechick
by Gold Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 2:44 PM

When my daughter was sick I stayed home with more than my ex did.  I had more personal time and he didn't.  There was no family or friends for that matter to take care of our daughter. 

cherrybomb55
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 5:44 PM

I stay with her when I can. If I can't she goes to my sister in laws or my parents house.

landontsmama08
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 5:47 PM

I am the only one. I don't have anybody so unfortunately I have to miss work every time.

kyandkaesmommy
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 5:57 PM
I am the only one so yes I miss work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NananRaysmom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 5:58 PM
Me..
Thankfully for the last year I have been working from home...makes it so much easier.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN