Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

missing visitation?

Posted by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 9:20 AM
  • 9 Replies
Ok a short backround story. I have been going threw a custody battle for about 3 years now. my sons father got physical custody of him back in april of 2012 i appealed it right away and we finally went to court back on july of 2013. well since everything has been going on for soo long ds dad got caught up in alot of lies and not to mention he got shot in a drug deal. well when we went to court in july ds dad hired a lawyer the day before court and got it continued AGAIN but. my lawyer asked if the judge could hear the detective so we wouldnt have to supena him again. just from that little info custody got temperarly switched back over to me until the next court date. well since ds dad hasnt really been seeing him on his weekends so i was wondering how much will the judge look at? Sorry so long and for my spelling.
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 9:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
woodstock525
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Make sure you fully document EVERYTHING.  Every time he is scheduled to visit, whether he contacts you to cancel and what his excuse is, when he does visit the time he shows for pickup/drop off.  It will probably matter. 

mlb456
by Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Ive been documenting when he misses one but i never thought about why hes says he cant get him or how long before he lets me.. thank you!

Quoting woodstock525:

Make sure you fully document EVERYTHING.  Every time he is scheduled to visit, whether he contacts you to cancel and what his excuse is, when he does visit the time he shows for pickup/drop off.  It will probably matter. 

mlb456
by Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 10:51 AM
Anyonw else have any advice??
easinpc
by Gold Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:06 AM

Like the other mom said just make sure to document everything!  Make sure you don't bad mouth him in front of or to the child and don't deny him access to your son.  Good luck!!

easinpc
by Gold Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:07 AM

group hug

mlb456
by Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:47 AM
When you say dont deny him, what if.. well like today he called said he cant get him today cuz of work unless hes allowed to come at midnight to get him i said no cuz me and ds will both be asleep and im not waking myself or him up at that hour. was i wrong for that? Hes suposed to get him at 330 in the afternoon

Quoting easinpc:

Like the other mom said just make sure to document everything!  Make sure you don't bad mouth him in front of or to the child and don't deny him access to your son.  Good luck!!

cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 10:41 PM

Like the pp said document everything

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Sep. 14, 2013 at 12:41 AM
This

Quoting woodstock525:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
woodstock525
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Your denial of this request was totally appropriate.  Most CO's assume (or may even state) that a visit is forfeited if the other parent does not pick up within 30-60 minutes of the start time of the visit.  You were well within your rights to say no and not offer make up time.  After all, he called you the day of to cancel.  It's one thing if he's driving in rush hour traffic and gets caught up and calls to say why he's running late.  This is totally different.  Why is it that he's working til midnight with no notice? 

Quoting mlb456:

When you say dont deny him, what if.. well like today he called said he cant get him today cuz of work unless hes allowed to come at midnight to get him i said no cuz me and ds will both be asleep and im not waking myself or him up at that hour. was i wrong for that? Hes suposed to get him at 330 in the afternoon

Quoting easinpc:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)