Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

5 year plan

Posted by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 10:49 AM
  • 13 Replies
Do you have one? What is it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 10:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Sep. 15, 2013 at 10:51 AM
Right now no in 10 years I want to go back to school when DS is in high school
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lauraash06
by Ashley on Sep. 15, 2013 at 10:59 AM
I want to get a second job.....I want to be fully functional, finance wise, on my own. I want an emergency fund, I want to be able to pay my bills when the come in......my daughter and I really like this apt complex in our neighborhood, and I wanna make that happen. I wanna be ok in the next 5yrs
BMM0508
by Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 11:04 AM
I am going back to school hopefully next semester. Gonna get an associates degree in either surgical technology or physical therapy aide. So i plan on graduating in about 2-2 1\2 years. Gonna try and get a hospital job while im in the program so ill most likely have a job when i graduate. Then i plan to buy a house for me and my kiddos.
krisnkids
by Gold Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 12:36 PM

Hoping to have my masters by then. My work pays for me to take two classes a semester. I take full advantage of it.

jes_eli_0710
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 2:08 PM

I want to be driving WAYYY before 5 years and in 5 years hopefully have been or be in school 

LauraMH
by Bronze Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 9:55 PM
1 mom liked this
My plan is a little longer than 5 years but in December 2016 I will graduate (hopefully!) with my BSN. I want to get into a NICU and work there for 2-3, then apply to school (the only one around here) to get my masters in neonatal, become a nurse practitioner, but a farm and get a horse. I don't mean a huge farm but basically land when I can ride and grow some small crops :)
kyandkaesmommy
by Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 10:14 PM
In 5 years I want to graduate from college and be happy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sister_Someone
by Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 10:19 PM

No. At this point, it's not even worth to plan for the next five months, let alone years.

My cancer research work, e.g., that thing my life revolves around in every way, could break ground, become huge and get me all kinds of acknowledgement, financially and otherwise... or it could fall apart just as quickly. If I don't have anything substantial by February, there goes my funding. On the other hand, if I do get something noteworthy, I could go to the government with it and change everything. Too much question marks to even bother planning.

I do hope I'll be done with my PhD in five years though.

BostonMomma08
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 10:25 PM
Get married, have one or two more children, finish school, grow my business and hopefully open my own shop.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sarahmiamaria
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 12:08 PM
I'd like to go back to school next year for either pta or ota. So complete that and get a decent job and then start saving to buy a home for my littles and I :-)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)