Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Help!! 6 year old asking single mom for a baby...

Posted by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 10:00 AM
  • 10 Replies

I am a 29 year old mom with no man in the pic. My 6 year old DS whants to have a sibling. his exact words are " When are we going to have a baby?" and he touches my tummy whin he asks this Q. Help How can i explane to him that I would love to give him a brothre or a sister but dont have means to do so? shrugging

by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kitty8199
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 10:02 AM
Just tell him you need a mommy and a daddy to make a baby. Yell him there's no daddy for this baby yet but you`re looking.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NovaChick26
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 3:06 PM

DD has asked for a sibling to and I explain to her that Id love to have another baby some day but I have to be married or commited to someone first. Then she asks if I can buy her an 8 year old sister lol and I had to explain you can just buy kids you can adopt them though.

Robsessed98
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Tell him no, you're not having a baby anytime soon. I don't see why you need to explain why.
kyandkaesmommy
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:50 PM
Said no...that you don't want a baby right now.

I mean my child who is 5 knows you don't need to be married so that never works. Plus I am pregnant and she knows there is a daddy to the baby but he isn't around.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happymommy1105
by Gold Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:58 PM

I told my older son that babies come in god's time not ours.  

Shy_Dia
by Silver Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Isaid no way.... granted ds wanted 8 brothers and sisters within less than a years time.... so...

But he is asking me to get pregnancy tests. I told him I'm not preg and he said, how do you know though? Lol
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 9:19 PM

I have told ds I'm not having kids.

SexyDiva19
by Alexis on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:38 AM

lol my son is the same way and he is 8. He is telling me I should go to an orphanage and bring home a child and that way I can make him and another child happy at the same time lol

It hurts me that he feels lonely but I'm not in a relationship at the moment and I too want to be either committed or married before I have another child.

Quoting NovaChick26:

DD has asked for a sibling to and I explain to her that Id love to have another baby some day but I have to be married or commited to someone first. Then she asks if I can buy her an 8 year old sister lol and I had to explain you can just buy kids you can adopt them though.

easinpc
by Gold Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 8:53 AM

I agree with this. 

Quoting Robsessed98:

Tell him no, you're not having a baby anytime soon. I don't see why you need to explain why.

steviechick
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 9:44 AM

My daughter is an only child.   I didn't have more children due to financial reasons.   My daughter asked a few times why she didn't have siblings like her other friends.  I told her that mommy and daddy couldn't have more kids.  She stopped asking when she turned 10.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN