Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Just blocked contact from my ex

Posted by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:52 PM
  • 19 Replies

So my ex and I have been having out disagreements to say the least. As he threatened to ruin my life, my son's life, and my family's life I decided I had enough and blocked all contact with him. I am feeling very anxious right now... Suggestions? I don't know if it was the best thing to do. He is not on the birth certificate and I do not want him around my son so I will not push for child support. Anyone else gone through this. Any suggestions on making it easier?

by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Robsessed98
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:56 PM
People threaten all kinds of things when they're angry, so it depends on whether or not you have reason to believe he will follow through. If it's just anger at you talking, it's not wrong to cut off communication about everything other than the child. However, it's not right to keep his child away from him over problems between you and him.
Quartz99
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:12 PM

I agree, it was the neglect and bordernine sexual abuse that keeps me with the thought of keeping my son from him... Jerking off over his head, jerking off another time and putting his paci in his mouth at the same time, and bouncing him on his uncovered parts... On top of refusing to feed or change him, trying to give too much medicine, and ignoring him with a temp of 104...

Quartz99
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:27 PM

Also, I found out after the fact that he has a history of being physically violent to his ex wife, choked his other son, etc. It is based on safety reasons that I do not want them together. When we first went our separate ways I had told him I would let him be a part of our baby's life (at the time I was still pregnant and didn't know what I was having). I then made the mistake to get back with him which resulted in rape and a bunch of other stuff. I do not believe in keeping kids from their parents unless there is a good and justifiable reason for it.

celticdragon77
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:34 PM

I recently did. However, my daughter is 4mths shy of being 18yrs old - and her grandma was wanting for her transport drugs to her dads house. So yeah, totally different story probably.

lisairv
by New Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Whoa! Sounds like my ex. I have blocked all communication with him and recently took my maiden name back. He flipped out when I took my name back. Threatened my life yet again. I guess taking my name back has ruined his life. Wtf ever.

Quoting celticdragon77:

I recently did. However, my daughter is 4mths shy of being 18yrs old - and her grandma was wanting for her transport drugs to her dads house. So yeah, totally different story probably.

Quartz99
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:48 PM

Thank you, good to know I am not the only one who cut off all communication and sorry to say it but it does help to hear that others are going through things that are worse. Sorry you guys had to go through that.

celticdragon77
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 8:34 PM
1 mom liked this

It is the only way to deal with some people. Good for you for doing it.

Quoting lisairv:

Whoa! Sounds like my ex. I have blocked all communication with him and recently took my maiden name back. He flipped out when I took my name back. Threatened my life yet again. I guess taking my name back has ruined his life. Wtf ever.

Quoting celticdragon77:

cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 9:15 PM

Do you think he'll calm down if given time? Do you think he'll hurt you or your child? I think no contact with the other parent should only be used in extreme circumstances.

steviechick
by Gold Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 10:25 AM

I have blocked my ex from texting/calling our daughter.  He was over the top mentally abusive towards her several times via the cell phone.  My ex is unstable and I would prefer that he stay away from her until he gets help.  She's 19 but still not capable of talking to her father in an adult manner.  My ex is bipolar - the worse kind to be around.  He hasn't even tried to visit her and work on his relationship with her or his mental problems.  I have no choice but to block him.

melissa959799
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 11:50 AM
1 mom liked this
You would call him wanting to ruin the child's life a problem with the mother?

Quoting Robsessed98:

People threaten all kinds of things when they're angry, so it depends on whether or not you have reason to believe he will follow through. If it's just anger at you talking, it's not wrong to cut off communication about everything other than the child. However, it's not right to keep his child away from him over problems between you and him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)