Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

NC man shot by police.... Backstory is heartbreaking (LONG) *PIOG*

Posted by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:49 AM
  • 14 Replies

**FEATURED! YAY!**

Link: http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=9251926

So on Wednesday there was a story on the news about a man in NC that was shot by police after brandishing a gun in a downtown park and pointing it at them. He later died from his injuries.
I don't know the guy but I saw it on FB and wanted to share it because it's so heartbreaking.
The man's name was Derek Walker. His name on FB was Derek Mortician. He wanted to die because he was going through a custody battle with his child's mother.

His last status on FB:
FUCK MY LIFE! I give up...I cant take the shit my son mother is putting me through...days missing from work...She has filled Ethan head up with so much false stuff..he has told me im a bad father..im not a good dad...If there was really a true n living god and jesus then he wudnt put me through this shit..She has hit me slapped me in front ofnour child i call the fuck DPD and they say they have no fuckn proof...Thennu go downtown and file and then they wamt to issue papers on me!!!!! Fuck life all I know now is that im a DEAD MAN WALKING..I hope if there is a god that he allow the devil to kill me right now bc there is no reason for me to live right now! Good job Latasha Alston uve won the battle! YOU want full custody you got it..THE JUDICIAL SYSTEM AINT SHIT...Im ready to die bc I have no reason to live right now! FUCK MY LIFE! THERE IS NO such thing as a god! Ive prayed and ive gotten no response to this..Ive beem going through this battle for 5 longnyears and im tired and I finally give up! I quit! My own girl said im taking the bitch way out! E hey I guess im a bitch! Dnt weep for me! If I makenit to heaven I do if I make it to hell ok with that tok..FUCK THE JUDICIAL SYSTEM. YOu women dnt want a good man to be a father...ive tried butnyet I still fail! Im done ...fuck my life! Dont CALL ME AND DNT TALK TO ME BC I AM NOT RESPONDING...I HOPE I DIE VERY SOON...AND A FAST DEATH BC THIS WORLD I LIVE IN IS SORRY AS FUCK!!!

It's so sad that his situation ended like this. No one knows how the situation was behind closed doors but he seems like he was a good father. His page has since been deactivated.

by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steviechick
by Gold Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 9:54 AM

Dude sounded like he was disturbed and needed professional help.  What a sad ending to a life that could have been saved.  He had a lot to live for.

melissanoel
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 10:04 AM

You just never know. It's easy to sympathize with him, but who knows what he was really like. To hear my ex tell it he's father of the year and in actuality he's terrible. He only sees our daughter a few times a year and I had to get his wages garnished to get child support. It makes me cringe when I have to listen to him telling me about how she is his first priority.

SexyDiva19
by Alexis on Sep. 20, 2013 at 10:10 AM

I agree. I think from the sound of it, he was just stressed out and figured he had no where to turn.

Quoting steviechick:

Dude sounded like he was disturbed and needed professional help.  What a sad ending to a life that could have been saved.  He had a lot to live for.

SexyDiva19
by Alexis on Sep. 20, 2013 at 10:13 AM

Yea that's true. My ex comes around twice a year (for ds bday and Christmas) and he doesn't pay any child support so he knows he is nowhere near father of the year lol from the pics on this guy's FB though and his statuses seems like he was very involved in his son's life.

The news reporter spoke to the child's mother and she lied and said everything was fine between them when in fact that had been engaged in a bitter custody battle for years.

Quoting melissanoel:

You just never know. It's easy to sympathize with him, but who knows what he was really like. To hear my ex tell it he's father of the year and in actuality he's terrible. He only sees our daughter a few times a year and I had to get his wages garnished to get child support. It makes me cringe when I have to listen to him telling me about how she is his first priority.

steviechick
by Gold Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 10:13 AM

My ex is the same way with our daughter.  Breaks my heart to know he's changed for the worse.  I knew him 26 years - or thought I did.  He ended up cheating on me and fathering two kids.  We have a daughter that he's walked out on.   He's been cruel to her for no good reason.  My ex does the same thing.  He tells me (when we were speaking) that our daughter is his prirority in life.  He can't even afford the kids he has now let alone our daughter.  It's sad to see our exes turn into total losers. 

Quoting melissanoel:

SexyDiva19
by Alexis on Sep. 20, 2013 at 10:22 AM

My ex has 2 other kids with 2 other women and he only sees 1 on a regular basis that I know of. The other 1 he just pays child support and he comes around to see my son twice a year *which is fine by me* but I know my son is wanting a father figure so it hurts me to see him hurt

Quoting steviechick:

My ex is the same way with our daughter.  Breaks my heart to know he's changed for the worse.  I knew him 26 years - or thought I did.  He ended up cheating on me and fathering two kids.  We have a daughter that he's walked out on.   He's been cruel to her for no good reason.  My ex does the same thing.  He tells me (when we were speaking) that our daughter is his prirority in life.  He can't even afford the kids he has now let alone our daughter.  It's sad to see our exes turn into total losers. 

Quoting melissanoel:

melissanoel
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 5:09 PM

I had known my ex for 12 years and been living with him for 5 when we had our daughter. Even though our relationship had run it's course I never thought for a second he would be such a terrible father. His father wasn't in his life and he always said he wouldn't be that dad. The problem now is he is totally "that dad", but he doesn't seem to realize it. He only lives a few hours away and he hasn't seen our daughter since April and he's only called once since then to talk to her. He didn't even call on her birthday! It is sad to see our exes turn into total losers. I really expected more from him. 

Quoting steviechick:

Quoting melissanoel:

melissanoel
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 5:12 PM

If that guy was a good dad and really wanted to be involved that's a really sad story. If he was in a custody battle than mostly likely he cared. My ex never bothered to take me to court so he has no legal rights. I let him visit whenever he wants which ends up being 2-4 times a year. My daughter turned 3 in July and he still hasn't made it for her birthday. I'm thinking he'll wait until closer to Christmas and do a combined trip.

Quoting SexyDiva19:

Yea that's true. My ex comes around twice a year (for ds bday and Christmas) and he doesn't pay any child support so he knows he is nowhere near father of the year lol from the pics on this guy's FB though and his statuses seems like he was very involved in his son's life.

The news reporter spoke to the child's mother and she lied and said everything was fine between them when in fact that had been engaged in a bitter custody battle for years.

Quoting melissanoel:

SexyDiva19
by Alexis on Sep. 20, 2013 at 6:03 PM
A combined trip? Her bday and Christmas are nowhere close to each other. My son's bday is about 3 weeks after Christmas (Jan 21st) and he still comes around twice (granted he only lives about 15-20mins from me.)

Quoting melissanoel:

If that guy was a good dad and really wanted to be involved that's a really sad story. If he was in a custody battle than mostly likely he cared. My ex never bothered to take me to court so he has no legal rights. I let him visit whenever he wants which ends up being 2-4 times a year. My daughter turned 3 in July and he still hasn't made it for her birthday. I'm thinking he'll wait until closer to Christmas and do a combined trip.

Quoting SexyDiva19:

Quoting melissanoel:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Sep. 20, 2013 at 8:02 PM

heartbreaking.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)