Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Curious - How did you become a Single Mom?

Posted by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 12:29 PM
  • 76 Replies

What circumstances brought you to being a single parent?

by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 12:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SnapIt
by Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 12:30 PM
1 mom liked this
He cheated and i left
Lol
krisnkids
by Gold Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 12:38 PM
9 moms liked this

Husband decided I was too old for him, divorced me and married the nanny. (note, he is 6 yrs older than me and the nanny is 13 years younger than me) I got the better end of the deal, she gets his crap and I get his money. :)

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 12:45 PM

The first time, I decided that having a baby wasn't a good enough reason to get married.  The second time he cheated and we split up.

kaylaybaby666
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 12:47 PM
When i was single, we broke up because i felt like he was taking advantage of me and i became depressed
justahousewife
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 12:51 PM

Sex with someone who wasn't capable/willing of being a dad? lol That charming boy from the well-to-do family turned out to be the runt of the litter. 

idomatter
by Bronze Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 12:51 PM
Through a divorce (first, but we stayed together) then I left (3 years after). Been a single income household for 2 1/2 years now.
MomAmy77
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 12:53 PM

Ex hubby decided to have weight loss survey . I mean he was over weight but only 264 and nothing extremely obese . Nothing controlling food and excercise couldn't handle . Money talks . I didn't find out he was having it till a few days before .  Come to find out was shocking . I thought that to have the surgery you would have to go months for prep , mind , food, control but like again money talks. Anyhow after it was done he needed to find himself . Doing research I wasn't surprised cause I read if marriage isn't sound 85% marriage fail after weight loss surgery . He did alot of ontrolling , cheating  during our 14 years together total and I was dumb to settle . He never accepted who he was and was never happy . So after I was to fat for him , all the attention lifted him , nd so on . He went nuts . We are divorced . I have primary custody . He has been through many women and tried getting me back . No thanks . Now I'm finding myself . 

achavez219
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:12 PM
Dh of 10 yrs committed suicide a couple years ago.
fidelis118
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:15 PM

Same over here! Lol.

Quoting justahousewife:

Sex with someone who wasn't capable/willing of being a dad? lol That charming boy from the well-to-do family turned out to be the runt of the litter. 

Pink.Sunshine.
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 2:57 PM

Divorce

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN