Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

child support

Posted by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 11:36 PM
  • 8 Replies
So here's the deal my daughters father and I split over a year ago. I immediately took child support out on him because I strongly believe that since he helped make her he should help support her. The only job he can get is with his dad and he gets paid cash so no money can get taken out of his check, his dad actually lied to the court for him and said that he isn't working. He has contested going to court 3 times now and they finally revoked his license (which he already had revoked for his probation) and put a lean against him (which doesn't matter because his parents pay for all his stuff to make it look like he has money). He has already went to jail for not appearing in court once but only stayed two nights because his parents paid bail for him. I don't know what I can do to make him pay, anybody have suggestions?
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 11:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Oliviasmom72
by Silver Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 2:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Honestly if he goes out of his way to work under the table or remain unemployed, there is little you can do to force him to pay. Maybe you can pressure child support to put him in jail. You cannot squeeze blood out of a turnip.

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 3:58 PM

Welcome!

I don't have any suggestions for you, but I'm sure some of the ladies here will have some advice. :)

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Sep. 21, 2013 at 6:50 PM

Someone like that and with family being 100% support of them not seeing they have to be reponsible not only for themselves but for another life too would exhaust me. I would just leave him alone and take care of my child by myself.

Robsessed98
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 12:58 AM
Agreed.

Quoting Oliviasmom72:

Honestly if he goes out of his way to work under the table or remain unemployed, there is little you can do to force him to pay. Maybe you can pressure child support to put him in jail. You cannot squeeze blood out of a turnip.

krisnkids
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 8:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Just keep pursuinig it. Soon the bail money will be turned into "bail" child support which will go to you. Hopefully sooner or later mom and dad will stop coddling their adult son and force him to become a man.

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:46 AM

just keep trying

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 1:19 PM

I agree with the previous posters - don't give up.

Learn to live without the CS but continue to be a thorn in their side.  The grandparents sound like real gems.  SMH

Good luck!

jessica493
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:19 PM
Thanks everyone, you all gave such great advice.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN