Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I find it hilarious...

Posted by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 8:40 AM
  • 20 Replies

BD went two months only seeing my DD three times, then went two months straight not seeing her or asking about her, then he came by two Sundays in a row. He then begins to act like he's been a loving and caring father even though he hasn't put in any work. It's been nearly a month since he's seen her. No court order, and I'm very flexible with visits. I welcome him to come build a relationship with her, and even though the visits are at my house, I sit back and don't interfere with his visit unless he asks for help. I watch tv, get food...pretty much make myself as invisible to him as possible.

The last two visits we had set up, he cancelled. One when I simply asked him what time he was coming because he never told me. He got mad, said he would come another time to give me time to do whatever I had to do. Oookay? The other, I wasn't completely sure what time I'd be home, and he understood that. He asked that I at least let him come before two because he had work at 3. The day of the visit, I cancelled my plans and text BD that he could come at noon (he usually stays for maybe an hour), and to let me know by 11 if he was coming. He text me at 10:30 saying he was doing laundry and that he could visit another time,

I'm done being flexible with him. Done. He claims she's everything to him, but he only pays child support. Hasn't changed a diaper, made a bottle, bathed her, dressed her...not a damn thing.

by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 8:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kngarber
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 8:42 AM
Why are the visits at your house? Just curious?
Blovesyouuu
by Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 8:47 AM
Don't push him to make visits. If he doesn't show up, document it in case you go to court.
Pink.Sunshine.
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 10:11 AM
2 moms liked this

well, can't force a man to be a Dad.

MandaMom23
by Bronze Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 10:17 AM

You are trying your best to allow your daughter to have a father in her life unfortunately it sounds like he is too immature to see that.  Maybe some day he will wake up and see how lucky he is to have a daughter and see that you are being more than fair with the arrangements.

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Sep. 21, 2013 at 11:02 AM
It's sad but can't force him.
brittybby2010
by Bronze Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Because he refuses to let me know where he lives and he never agrees to meet us at a McDonalds or a park. Yet he wants me to drive her to his apartment every other visit. Can't do that if I don't know where he lives. And I don't think it's fair because I am doing everything for her and he wants me to make it even easier on him and drive her to him. If he would care for her more and show a bit more interest in her life, then I wouldn't mind at all. 

Quoting kngarber:

Why are the visits at your house? Just curious?

brittybby2010
by Bronze Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Oh I do document everything. Once, he even mumbled under his breath on the phone that he would "f*** me up" because I had plans that day and he randomly wanted to see her. I documented that, just in case. 

Quoting Blovesyouuu:

Don't push him to make visits. If he doesn't show up, document it in case you go to court.

brittybby2010
by Bronze Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 11:14 AM

I never push him. He doesn't ask to see her? I don't remind him that she's here. Funny thing is, he even will text me after not bothering with her for a while all mad at me and demanding to know "what's wrong" with her (I don't know why he always thinks something's wrong with her).

She's only 10 months old, so she still doesn't have a grasp on who he is and what he SHOULD be doing. I just hope that he decides between being there or not before she starts to understand. 

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 10:06 PM

I commend you on doing everything you can to try and get him to be there for your dd. Just keep documenting everythng and do what you have been.

Misha1204
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 10:55 PM

I agree w/this.

Quoting cjsmom1:

I commend you on doing everything you can to try and get him to be there for your dd. Just keep documenting everythng and do what you have been.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN