Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

SO very NASTY. What would you do? *edited to actually add message* **Update**

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:39 AM
  • 32 Replies

So, I went over to my old place to get some of my stuff out since I need more of my clothes as the weather is getting cooler and I wanted to collect some of the baby stuff so I have it for the one due in early December. 

Let me tell you, I was floored by the condition of the house.  It reeks of dog and dog pee, there is stuff everywhere, the sink is disgusting and there are dirty dishes everywhere, I found dried, crusty dog poop in what was my son's nursery while looking for some of his leggings, the bathrooms are gross, I don't think the sheets on the beds have been changed since I left back at the beginning of May, and all the clothes I brought back smell of the stench in the house. 

I keep our 2 year old during the week (he gets him 2-3 evenings to visit, but he sleeps with me during the week and visits dad every other weekend.  He should have no reason not to have a reasonably clean house and clean up the messes from the dogs and our son.  I manage to keep my place clean (not clutter free) even with having my son the majority of the time.  Messes might take a while to get cleaned up, but they do get cleaned up and not left for MONTHS.  What would you do?  He always has some lame ass excuse, but dammit, run the vacuum wipe shit down!!!

Monday I went by to see his place and he had cleaned up quite a bit since Saturday.  Yesterday we went together to put the old dog down (she had been with us almost as long as we had been together as he got her about a month after we started dating) and he later thanked me for going with him and for helping him see that it was time to let her go.  I know he is struggling with the divorce in general and I think the dog was one of the few things left from our 13 years together.  I hope that not having a dog peeing every 15 minutes helps him get on top of the house and the state of it.

by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jenn8604
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:41 AM
Ummmm nasty how? Your SO not bathe, brush teeth? what? It'd help if you gave more info.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:42 AM

What's nasty?

lisairv
by New Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:44 AM

Missing some important information here....what's nasty?

kfrog13
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:50 AM

I just added what is nasty.  Sorry, I put in the title and hit enter... :-/

Jenn8604
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Call CPS over that. No two yr old needs to be there EVER!!!

Quoting kfrog13:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kfrog13
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:56 AM

I was even thinking of calling animal welfare cause the dogs are just a mess.  The old one has no hair left and they are both so dirty. :-(

Quoting Jenn8604:

Quoting kfrog13:

Jenn8604
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Call both NOW while you have the 2 yr old w u. Or they will say you're contributing to the negligence.

Quoting kfrog13:

I was even thinking of calling animal welfare cause the dogs are just a mess.  The old one has no hair left and they are both so dirty. :-(

Quoting Jenn8604:

Quoting kfrog13:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom-does-hair
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:58 AM
I would have issues with sending a 2 y/o there with dog poo on the floor. Not cool. Kids that age pick up stuff.
kfrog13
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 11:00 AM

I'm never over there.  I'm just not sure what to do either since we are still working out divorce proceedings and all that stuff.  He's supposed to have him this evening.

Quoting Jenn8604:

Call both NOW while you have the 2 yr old w u. Or they will say you're contributing to the negligence.

Quoting kfrog13:

Quoting Jenn8604:

Quoting kfrog13:

krisnkids
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Call CPS. But when you do de-clutter your own house to ward off any potential problems.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN