Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

He wants me and the baby..

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 2:38 PM
  • 18 Replies
So I'm 12 weeks pregnant and couldn't be more excited; however, my ex who cheated on me has not been here or helped at all with the pregnancy, bills, nothing even though he says he wants to be a dad. (he's a typical dead beat dad who only wants the baby on his time). Anyway, I've been talking to a guy who knows I'm pregnant, and is very supportive of my decisions regarding the baby, my current situation, the whole being pregnant thing, and he wants to be apart of my life as well as the baby's. He wants to be there for EVERYTHING! He is very sweet, and even came to help me move and pack my things because I couldn't do it all myself. Is he too good to be true?? I just want to get some other opinions cause idk what to expect being a single mother pregnant with my first child. He's very attentive and always talks about what we can do with the baby regarding when its older and hobbies, ect. He lost a baby with his ex and he wants to be a dad so bad, but is my baby and me just a replacement for his lost baby?? Is he really too good to be true?? Or could his actions and promises be genuine?? Any advice helps! Thank you!
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 2:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nisha929
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 2:45 PM
3 moms liked this

I wouldn't think that he's too good to be true but I would proceed with caution. As time goes on his actions will show you whether he is genuine or not.   

Jenn8604
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 2:48 PM
agree.
My friends mom found my friends DAD while prego w her after the sperm donor took off. So it can happen.

Quoting Nisha929:

I wouldn't think that he's too good to be true but I would proceed with caution. As time goes on his actions will show you whether he is genuine or not.   

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DDDaysh
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:23 PM
1 mom liked this

This is a BAD idea.  Dating while pregnant is, in general, a BAD idea. 

Get right with yourself first.  Focus on you and the baby.  Go through all the emotional changes that becoming a mom brings on and THEN start looking around to see who you might want to date. 

alexis_06
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 5:58 PM

i agree

Quoting DDDaysh:

Get right with yourself first.  Focus on you and the baby.  Go through all the emotional changes that becoming a mom brings on and THEN start looking around to see who you might want to date. 

happymommy1105
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:36 PM

Agreeed.

I will also add though- I'm not sure how somebody who isn't a dad yet can be a dead beat dad! 

Quoting DDDaysh:

JCSmommy2
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:43 PM
Quoting DDDaysh:

This.. He also may say all these things bc it hasn't become real yet. Im sure youre barely showing and once he actually sees that you are pregnant and it all becomes more real things may change. I honestly don't trust a man that is quick to be with someone pregnant or a newborn. Im very paranoid especially since becoming a mom. It will make you worry about things you never even thought of. I say hold off for awhile. Everything is still very new.. Your ex could come back around and decide he wants to be a family. Not saying wait around.. But focus on you and your pregnancy. Save dating for later.
Elle.tea.22
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Agreed. You just got out of a relationship and you haven't met your child yet and are jumping into an other? Give youself some space!

Quoting DDDaysh:

~*~*~ Because food will never taste as good as skinny feels~*~*~
~*~*~One bad meal can't make you fat. Nor can one healthy meal make you skinny~*~*~
bahamamama61
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:48 PM
I agree, focus on you and your baby:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DDDaysh
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:57 PM
Ya, but at 12-weeks, she's not ready to hear that yet. She's emotional and pissed off. Which is exactly why hooking up with a new guy is a bad idea!
Quoting happymommy1105:

Agreeed.

I will also add though- I'm not sure how somebody who isn't a dad yet can be a dead beat dad! 

Quoting DDDaysh:

diaperstodating
by Angel on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:08 PM

I agree.

Quoting DDDaysh:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)