Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

My turn

Posted by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 8:54 AM
  • 15 Replies
Mediation this morning. We still haven't been able to serve DS's father (lawyer started in June even tried the sheriffs still nothing) so he won't be there but I still have to go
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Sep. 24, 2013 at 8:57 AM

Good luck

DDDaysh
by Silver Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 10:28 AM

Mediation for what?  

steviechick
by Gold Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 11:16 AM
2 moms liked this

How do you still have mediation when the other party doesn't show up?  Your ex must be a mastermind of hiding.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Sep. 24, 2013 at 11:28 PM
In California if you are trying to change any custody or establish anything you have to go to mediation first. I sat and waited the 30 minutes they are required to give him they documented he didn't show and sent me on my way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Sep. 24, 2013 at 11:29 PM
2 moms liked this
I told my attorney he was crazy for sending the sheriffs to serve him who's going to answer the door for a cop when you are a drug addict? I thought he should figure out his dealer and have Him do it

Quoting steviechick:

How do you still have mediation when the other party doesn't show up?  Your ex must be a mastermind of hiding.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 3:03 AM
WTF? How can they require you to be there when they knew he hadn't even been served? That's crazy. In OK, they could have served his attorney of record on his behalf if he couldn't be served personally. If he had no attorney of record, they would reset the date and try again to serve him. What's next?
easinpc
by Gold Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 9:57 AM

How'd it go?

Bella_x3
by New Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 9:59 AM

It's good you went. Any formal record you get of complete compliance on your part helps a TON in our state. BTW I'm in Southern Cali SD suburb. Are we close?

steviechick
by Gold Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 9:59 AM

It's wasting the court's time and the mediator's time to even set this meeting up without having the Respondant be sent notice. 

Yes, how did it go?

DDDaysh
by Silver Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 10:45 AM

It's like that here too.  

They say it's because they send out notifications many ways, e-mail, regular mail, regular mail to emergency contacts, etc.  That way they might know about the hearing without being formally "served".  

Quoting Robsessed98:

WTF? How can they require you to be there when they knew he hadn't even been served? That's crazy. In OK, they could have served his attorney of record on his behalf if he couldn't be served personally. If he had no attorney of record, they would reset the date and try again to serve him. What's next?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)