Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why am I so uncomfortable?!

Posted by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 10:22 PM
  • 14 Replies
I live in an apartment complex and it's mostly single moms about my age and a small group of elderly folks. I'm a 27 year old mom and a young guy moved in upstairs. He's only 20 and I found out the other day he really, really likes me. I've talked to him a lot and thought he was a nice kid til now. I'm so uncomfortable that I keep my blinds closed now for fear he can see in. His age weirds me out so bad. Is 7 years as big of a deal as I feel it is? I feel like at 20 years old, he has so much living to do to catch up to where I'm at in life.
Wow. My first post ever and it's featured! Thanks guys! I let him know I was very uncomfortable with the situation because I am raising a child that is only 5 years younger. 20 is still a child in my world. He is really upset. Embarrassed maybe? He has been stomping in his apartment today. He's right above me so I know its intentional. :(
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 10:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jenn8604
by Silver Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Awww it's a baby! I'm 27 as well. 20 is a baby. I wouldn't feel uncomfortable. I'd tell him look I'm sure you're a nice guy and all but I go for guys my age. Sorry. I'm flattered you find me attractive and all, but it would never work. I just think you're a nice guy and I'm nice to everyone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1uniquemommy86
by Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 11:16 PM
That's a good way to say it. My stepson is 15. Even though I'm divorced, his mom walked out when he was 6 so I've been raising him with my ex husband since he was 7. I guess that's where the uncomfortable part comes from. He's only 5 years older than my stepson so I feel motherly toward him and he has relationship type feelings towards me.

Quoting Jenn8604:

Awww it's a baby! I'm 27 as well. 20 is a baby. I wouldn't feel uncomfortable. I'd tell him look I'm sure you're a nice guy and all but I go for guys my age. Sorry. I'm flattered you find me attractive and all, but it would never work. I just think you're a nice guy and I'm nice to everyone.

Jenn8604
by Silver Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 11:58 PM
LOL!!! IKWUM.

Quoting 1uniquemommy86:

That's a good way to say it. My stepson is 15. Even though I'm divorced, his mom walked out when he was 6 so I've been raising him with my ex husband since he was 7. I guess that's where the uncomfortable part comes from. He's only 5 years older than my stepson so I feel motherly toward him and he has relationship type feelings towards me.

Quoting Jenn8604:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Misha1204
by LadyLiberty on Sep. 27, 2013 at 7:03 AM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't feel comfortable either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Misha1204
by LadyLiberty on Sep. 27, 2013 at 7:04 AM
1 mom liked this
I alreasy have a kid to raise.

Quoting Misha1204:

I wouldn't feel comfortable either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Guys are usually more immature and I think the first comment has some great advice.

1uniquemommy86
by Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 11:51 AM
I agree

Quoting cjsmom1:

Guys are usually more immature and I think the first comment has some great advice.

steviechick
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 1:36 PM
2 moms liked this

He's not even 21 yet so I would consider him a 'baby', too.  Take the compliment and just be nice to the young man.  Don't be weirded out by him.  Be confident that he thinks you are pretty.

mmpdrs07
by Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 4:48 PM

Yeah I totally understand that one I don't do younger men.  Never have never will sorry.

Carmelivi
by Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 9:31 PM
I wouldn't .
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)