Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

The Tooth Fairy did not come...a quick laugh :-)

Posted by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 10:21 AM
  • 13 Replies
3 moms liked this

I am a busy single mom of three kids (ages 8, 7 and 4).  On Tuesday, first thing in the morning, my oldest lost a tooth.  I totally forgot about the tooth fairy, but was able to come up with an excuse that she must have been really busy and simply was unable to make it during the night.  He totally bought it, then on Wednesday, I totally forgot again.  I know, I know, horrible mother!  I felt so guilty, then he showed me the letter that he wrote to the Tooth Fairy.  It totally made the guilt worth it, because this is priceless!!

There was a P.S. that said to "please respond on back."  Consequently, the Tooth Fairy came last night and left him $5 and a letter explaining her mistake in missing his house.  He is a happy camper today!

by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
easinpc
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Lol thats cute! 

kyandkaesmommy
by Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 10:56 AM
Haha....happened to us here too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steviechick
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Very cute and sweet.  Kids are no innocent at that age.  I like how mispells words, LOL! 

P.S. Tyler made out like  bandit!

deltathree
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 11:26 AM

OMG!  I loooove it!!!

vbway
by Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 1:45 PM

I have several adorable letters my little one has sent to the tooth fairy. 

I have forgotten several times. But luckily, we get up before the sun comes up. My daughter thinks that the we must live near the tooth fairy because we are the last house on her route. lol. 

She just goes to the bathroom to get ready and I slip the money under her pillow, usually it is accompianed by a letter apologizing for running late.   : )

She thinks she has quite a relationship with the tooth fairy. Here is a post about a crazy letter she left for the tooth fairy not too long ago. 

http://www.cafemom.com/group/115189/forums/read/18653670/When_to_stop_the_lies

mmpdrs07
by Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 4:43 PM

I have done it!  With my ex step son he lost a tooth put it under the pillow, guess what I TOTALLY forgot it!  It was also like 2 days later that the "tooth fairy" showed up.  

just4ds10ee
by Bronze Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 6:40 PM

Wow that is cool...the first time it happened in my house was when my daughter was around 7....her tooth fell out around 10 PM....well my bedtime was 9PM and when she got home from school and I from work she told me the tooth fairy did not come....I told her she did not tell me first...she responded that she had told her dad since I had gone to bed already I even had a name for her ..Sabrina the tooth Fairy.....I told her in the future she has to tell Mommy when she loses a tooth because the tooth Fairy does not talk to daddy's...Santa does....never a problem after that :):)I also included a "I'm sorry note" from sabrina of course :):):)

alexis_06
by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 12:49 AM

aww that's cute

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Sep. 29, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Aww. It's happened here too. Tons

labrax
by Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 5:14 PM
Lol. Very cute
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)