Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Never Alone -VENT-

Posted by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 11:22 AM
  • 6 Replies

I am a single mom with an 18 month old daughter, her dad lives 3 hours away and is scared to drive with the baby in the car. I told him to give me gas money so I can drive her up but that never happens. I work 5 days a week and go to school once a week. Everywhere I go, unless its school or work, I have the baby with me. I'm used to it now, miss out on a lot of activities with my friends but when I do plan a night out its such a hassle! I am going out Saturday night and have my dad watching her from 6pm till 11pm then my friend is going to watch her till I get home in the morning. Honestly going out is not the main thing, I want to sleep in a little. I fully understand my job as a mom, but I feel like a little break is too much to ask. Her dad would taunt me saying he drove around without a care in the world, I said yeah  cause your not worried about you kid!  ughhh

by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 11:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
lightoftheworld
by Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 11:30 AM
I know, its stressful! Try to find a babysitter for every once in in a while, just so you can get a break. Or another mom that you can trade babysitting with. My ex lives in a different state, so i TOTALLY understand!
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 1:42 PM

I'm another one who's ex lives far away (8 hours on a good day), so I understand.

I'm glad your dad can help out once in a while and you have a friend who can too.  Sorry you don't get much of a break though.

steviechick
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 2:25 PM

My ex isn't even in our daughter's life.  So, asking him to even come see her is a waste of my time.  He sucks. 

Good to see your dad help you out as well as your friend.  Every mom needs a break from her kids.  It's normal.  I'm sorry that your ex is giving you a hard time about being a parent.  Some men just aren't suppose to be fathers.

mmpdrs07
by Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 4:37 PM

Yeah my ex hasn't talked to me in a month since he told me he wanted to sign away his rights and "never see us again".  While yes I have family here I really don't like asking them to keep my little man but I do ask every now and then just to get out.  I love my son with everything in me but every now and then I just need some momma time.  I totally understand where your coming from.

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Sep. 29, 2013 at 10:35 AM

yeah, I hear ya. My kids dad lives over 1000 miles away. Luckily all my kids are un school so my alone time comes then.

Chelsey191
by Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Ds dad lives in South Africa. I have ds 24/7. I enjoy the hours after he goes to bed. I made choices that put me here. I remember that anytime I feel like you do now.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)