Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

They just don't deserve the words "baby daddy"

Posted by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 4:23 PM
  • 16 Replies
I just think guys that don't want to be part of their child life don't deserve to be call "baby daddy" i know they are the father of the kid but for me that's not being a father. That's not being a baby daddy. If their out doing i don't know what and not taking responsibility that's not a father. I hate using the words " baby daddy".ot just bothers me. The father of my baby won't be in my child life. And I'm ok witg that and i prefer calling him an "idiot" than a "baby daddy" why? Because i know us single mothers are also the father of our children and we are 10 times better that the real father of our kids.
Maybe you won't be able to understand on what im trying to say and I'm sorry. But this is something that's been on my mind.
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 4:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nisha929
by Bronze Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 4:50 PM
3 moms liked this

I hate the term "baby daddy" period. My kids father isn't in their lives but I still refer to him as their "father" because deadbeat or not, that's what he is to them. As women we have to start taking some responsibility as well for the men that we chose to have children with. We go around talking shit about them but sometimes we knew what we were getting into before we got pregnant. With my kids father I didn't know that he was an asshole before I got pregnant with our daughter. However, I did know that he was an asshole when I ended up pregnant with our twin boys (one is deceased) so I should have known better and left well enough alone. Whatever you choose to call your kids father is totally up to you though.   

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Sep. 27, 2013 at 4:50 PM

They do not make the best choice when they choose not to be in the lives of their children. But it is what it is.

Call him by his given name. and hopefully he will refer to you as well by the name you were given and noone should choose phrases to describe the other cause the situation/relationship did not work out.

happymommy1105
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 4:53 PM
2 moms liked this

You are still preggo I am gathering.  

The reality is- you don't know what will happen once the baby is born.  I know you are hurting and upset but try to keep an open mind.  

Learn forgiveness- it helps with the anger and bitterness.  

cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 4:54 PM
I find the term baby daddy demeaning. If my ex calls me his baby mama it's only to me and because he's being funny. When I speak about him I refer to him as my ex or my son's father. He's in the picture though.
kristiansmommy1
by Bronze Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 4:56 PM
I call him my ex or if my sons not around I call him my sperm donor
Smileyneni
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 11:48 PM
I like that :)

Quoting kristiansmommy1:

I call him my ex or if my sons not around I call him my sperm donor

brittybby2010
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 12:22 AM

I call my ex "dippy". My entire family does. He isn't in the picture. 

Solo_Fan
by Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 12:33 AM

I don't like the term "baby daddy" either.  My ex was never a father or daddy to my son when we were married.  He was always out drinking and cheating.  When he was home...he was abusive.  I would have to agree about the "sperm Donor" term that kristiansmommy1 used.

alexis_06
by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 1:34 AM
2 moms liked this

i have never liked that term either..i always refer to my ex as a "frickin idiot"

Bribriesmom
by Valentina on Sep. 28, 2013 at 9:39 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss. I agree with.you, we knew what we were doing. He played on the fact I just had a miscarriage, was pursuing me for 2 years then I gave in.

Quoting Nisha929:

I hate the term "baby daddy" period. My kids father isn't in their lives but I still refer to him as their "father" because deadbeat or not, that's what he is to them. As women we have to start taking some responsibility as well for the men that we chose to have children with. We go around talking shit about them but sometimes we knew what we were getting into before we got pregnant. With my kids father I didn't know that he was an asshole before I got pregnant with our daughter. However, I did know that he was an asshole when I ended up pregnant with our twin boys (one is deceased) so I should have known better and left well enough alone. Whatever you choose to call your kids father is totally up to you though.   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)