Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

child support and custody battles?

Posted by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 1:20 AM
  • 2 Replies
I just received a letter from child support stating that my sons father n I have to be st court in DEC. Im suddenly a little scared about him meeting our son for the first time and maybe inquire about getting visitation rights. My son is 3 months, by the time we go to court he will be 6 months n his dad has never seen him or called. Haven't heard from him since I was two months pregnant. He tried to pressure me into having an abortion for a whole month and he isolated me from everyone so that my family it his family didnt find out I WD pregnant so that he could pressure me into having an abortion so j put a domestic violence case against him after speaking to a counselor. He threatened me that if j tell his parents that I was pregnant that he would never speak to me it help me out with the baby which he never did anyway. His parents probably still don't know he has a baby n he got back with his ex as soon as he walked out on me. His ex says if he has anything to for with me or his son she will leave him so he cut off all contact with me. Around the last time we spoke he told me that he knows that in the future he may want to get back with me but for now he didn't want me or the baby in his life n he's gonna give his ex another go n if it doesn't work he will come back. I asked what if I don't want to take him back he said its a risk he's willing to take....then he said when the baby us born and he sees him he may feel differently. He told me he won't help ms with the baby n to get help BC he says there's a lit if single mothers who get help n I can do it too. He knew I was facing homelessness BC where j was staying they fidbt want a baby so they kicked me out. He never gave me money. I had no clue about where to get help. Meanwhile he was traveling around the world using his new gf money living the good life. With all the text messages I have of him threatening to help n paperwork proving that he took me to abortion clinic, a witness who saw most of what I went through and my testimony is that enough for me to get granted supervised visits for my sons dad if he wants visitation rights? His dad is chinese and comes from a well off family whom are flaming racists by the way n I'm scared that they can get a good lawyer and fight me for custody. I don't want my son sleeping over their house I just want supervised visits at least until he's old enough to speak and tell me what they do or say.
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 1:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Sep. 29, 2013 at 1:43 AM
1 mom liked this

what a lot to deal with. Sorry you're going through that

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 3:38 PM
1 mom liked this

That's a lot to be going through and you sound young.  Have you got the support of your family now?

For now, keep a record of any communication (text, email, recordings/voice mail) between yourself and your son's father.  You may be able to use them in court should he file for visitation.  Talk to an attornye (or go through legal aid in your state) about your rights, what you should do, etc.

As for your ex, what makes him think that you want to be his "back-up plan"?  You're better than that!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN