Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help! What do I do??

Posted by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 12:37 PM
  • 7 Replies

So my ex hasn't seen our daughter in months, partly the navy's fault but he isn't trying as hard as he used to to be involved in her life. He met a girl, their dating, she has two kids. I'm fine with it, I shrug it off even though part of me still loves him (we've been together six years, it's hard to just drop it all). Anyways, in 9 days he's coming on vacation with my daughter and I so they can hangout and bond a little plus his step brothers wedding is in two weeks. We were all going to stay at his mothers house but now my ex wants to bring his new gf to meet everyone. His family told him no, the bride & groom said no & I said no but I don't think he's going to listen. So what do I do if he does bring her? How do I act? I don't want him to think I still love him and I don't want her to think she's superior cz she has him. The mans a cheating ass hat. I know I should keep my temper in check and play nice but its going to be SOOOOO hard!!! What kind of person goes on a vacation and wedding their not wanted at anyways?? Since he met her hes been a bigger jerk and has cut off his friendship with me. I'm trying to get over him, I know I deserve better but right now I just need to survive this vacation with him and her. Our daughter has told me she doesn't want her to come but I don't think he believes me and if she tells him I think he'll think I'm saying bad things. Which I do just only to his mother lol, i'd never do that to our daughter. So what do I do? How do I act? What do I say? His mother doesn't want the girl in her house so should I allow them time at the park for an hour or two then say goodbye everyday for seven days straight? Help plz!!! Sry if this is all over the place.. Let me know if you ave questions.. 

by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 12:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Sep. 29, 2013 at 2:09 PM

If the whole family is going to be like this than I would not go. It will be too much tension in the home and the child needs to have her fun time with her father, she already has alot of time with you.

Make other arrangements for him and his daughter to spend time together but you should not be around too much if at all.

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 3:40 PM

I agree with this.

Quoting virginiamama71:

If the whole family is going to be like this than I would not go. It will be too much tension in the home and the child needs to have her fun time with her father, she already has alot of time with you.

Make other arrangements for him and his daughter to spend time together but you should not be around too much if at all.

MandaMom23
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 3:42 PM
Agreed!
Quoting virginiamama71:

Jessie21300
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 12:30 AM

His family doesn't want his new girlfriend to go, it's not for my sake that their asking this of him. I understand I get her most of the time but that's because my ex can't even take care of himself, why would I allow him a chance with our daughter and a girlfriend no one but him has met?

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Sep. 30, 2013 at 12:36 AM
You act cordial for your child
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krisnkids
by Silver Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 6:46 AM
1 mom liked this

OMG, if his whole family is saying no, but he is still going to bring her, GO! It should be hilarious to see the fireworks! But before you go make a list of the things about him that drive you nuts and cannot stand. Keep it on you, in your purse, pocket, bra whateverr. Then when you feel down at all, which I doubt will happen because it sounds like he has a good family, look at the list. Look at the gf with pity for the fact that she now has to put up with his bullshit.

Jessie21300
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 7:30 PM

That sounds like a great idea! Thank you :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)