Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel like confessing

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 1:41 AM
  • 14 Replies
I am angry that I am alone. Men are not knocking down my door anymore. I feel like when men see me they look right thru me. Never looking at me or acknowledging me as even a potential mate. I am freaking invisible to the opposite sex. I don't go around with my breasts hanging out and I don't have sex with random people. Is my love life ever going to return?
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 1:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Sep. 30, 2013 at 1:46 AM
2 moms liked this

i hear ya!! i havent been hit on, or asked out in YEARS!!  it frickin suuuucks!

krisnkids
by Silver Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 6:42 AM

I'm in the same boat. It's been years since I have been hit on. I would love to say it doesn't bother me but it does, I feel like there is something wrong with me, I'm not as gorgeous as the other married women or I wouldn't still besingle. Oh well. 

teamwilson
by Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 7:57 AM
So what do we do about this dilemma? There are a few guys I find attractive and suitable but they must not have any idea that I'm interested. I've even put more effort into my outfits, hair and makeup and still no bites. I'm not giving up.
steviechick
by Gold Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 8:45 AM

I threw myself out there on-line.  I got tired of being alone since my divorce.  I had no friends that knew of anyone to date.  I knew of no one to date where I worked (I work in a big office building with mixed tenants).  I went to the gym thinking I would put myself out there.  Some men noticed me but that was it.  I would get looks a lot from men.  I'm not bad looking at all.  I think in today's world you have to put yourself out there or you won't be noticed let alone find someone.  I'm now dating a guy that I met on-line.  We've had our ups and downs.  But that's to be expected from a new relationship.  I really don't know how you are going to meet someone unless you get involved to try and meet someone.  Perhaps trying on-line dating or go to church and see if there are singles groups.  Put yourself out there more and see what happens. 

Meg2011425
by Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 8:49 AM
I've been separated 2 years today and divorced for a year. I've had a mutual friend ask me out but none since and that was over a year and a half ago. I'd like more dates though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
woodstock525
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:31 AM
2 moms liked this

I've found that it isn't about physical beauty.  When you're ready, men seem to know.  I had a deep conversation with a guy a while ago and he said to me that yes, he happens to be a breast man, so he notices that.  But, he also notices who takes care of themselves.  How do you dress?  Are you positive or are you an impatient 'b' when you're out in public?  Do you work out?  Do you have anything to contribute to a guy's conversation?  Do you greet people you pass with a smile and a hello?  He said that there is an attitude about an approachable woman that some women don't get.  Guys are just as concerned about being rejected as women are...sometimes more so it seems.  If they think you are above or beyond them or not a nice person, they won't even bother to ask or try to chat you up.

easinpc
by Gold Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 12:10 PM

I've felt like that in the past and just focused on myself and then with time my love life returned.

CrystalYaris
by Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Look at the positive side - you aren't creating the wrong attention for yourself! =) The only men that want a girl that puts out or has their "girls" to show off are the men you really don't want and all they want is a little fun and nothing real. I'd rather, if I were lesbian, to be with a girl that was more modest than with someone that leaves nothing to the imagination. It will turn around for you. Just focus on the finer things in life, carry yourself with confidence and see if you can get into something social that could put you in the right sight of men. Where I'm at, we actually have an adult social where you can play putt-putt golf and other things for single people. It's fun to just go with friends, but you never know if you might meet somoene.

Misha1204
by LadyLiberty on Sep. 30, 2013 at 9:13 PM
There's positives to this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Misha1204
by LadyLiberty on Sep. 30, 2013 at 9:17 PM
I felt this way before. On the other hand, there are lots of things you don't have to deal with. Just keep that in the back of your mind.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)