Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

What do most of you do on weekends?

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 1:56 PM
  • 29 Replies

When I see my friends postings on Facebook, I start thinking I have a boring life. For example on Sat. I cleaned, took my mom and my son to get their haircut while I had a pedicure. I found an inexpensive place, not fancy but it does the job. Had my mom to my place for dinner, took her home, picked my son up and watched 20/20 and went to bed.  Sun. other than walking the dogs, my son and I never left the apartment! Even though it was beautiful outside. We watched a couple of movies together, ate leftovers and that was my exciting weekend. I feel we should be doing something post worthy on Facebook!!

by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 1:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steviechick
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 2:39 PM

I know how you feel.  I used to be that way with my life, too.  I would go on Facebook and see all the activity going on with my FB friends.  I saw them doing things when I did nothing.  I'm dating someone now (hopefully I will continue to).  Because of that I can post like my friends do - having things going on in my life I can share.  I did the stay at home thing, too, before I started to date.  It was just me, the dog and occassionally I would do things with my daughter.  My life was really boring up until I met my bf.  On rare occassion I would do things with the few friends I have.  I only have two that are single and one of them is home most of the time.  If I didn't have a bf my weekends would be filled watching football alone and finding something to do to fill my time hoping for Monday to return.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Sep. 30, 2013 at 2:50 PM

mostly stuff around the house, clean and laundry,

Now my son is doing soccer so I go to his games.

When he is not visiting his father we find activities to do.

Misha1204
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 3:06 PM

If I'm not doing chores, then I'm relaxing.

photo MishaMOG_ASPCoffee14TAS-vi_zps8658b25f.gif

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Sep. 30, 2013 at 7:24 PM

I like to get some photo shoots done.  Mainly of my kids for practice.  We go to the park, clean up around the house.  resale shopping.  I like to post about my awesome finds at the shops.  other than my pics nothing really post worthy

Pink.Sunshine.
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 7:44 PM

I work.

woodstock525
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 9:09 PM
2 moms liked this

If I'm not doing stuff around the house, I hit the road.  This past weekend, I went to OH for a job interview on Thursday, spent the night, did lunch with my mom on Friday and drove back home. I spent the night at home Friday night, repacked, and hit the road Saturday for NC to go see my son.  Had lunch with him (had planned to do lunch with his gf and her family but that was a bust) and then decided to take off again and drove 4 hrs to Va Beach to spend the night.  Slept in Sunday and did a leisurely drive home.  Love those kind of weekends!

Heath77
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Friday I took my son to see Cloudy with a chance of meatballs 2. Saturday we had his basketball game then got his hair cut, went grocery shopping then I cleaned and cooked dinner and we went to a skate park since my son loves to skate board. Sunday I worked from home and then he rode on his skateboard to the park while I walked. When he's with his dad I relax and take it easy and occasionly go out with friends and clean. Nothing too exciting, but my fb friends rarely do anything more exciting.
easinpc
by Gold Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 1:36 PM

I go to whatever sporting events my son may have (right now he has a soccer game every Sunday afternoon) and beyond that it depends on if my son is with me or at his dads.  If he's at his dads I spend most of the weekend doing homework but if he's with me we usually are busy doing various things.  This past weekend we went to the drive-in Saturday night and watched Cloudy with a chance of meatballs 2 and smurfs 2.  The weekend before that we went to a monster truck show that happened to be in the next town over. 

easinpc
by Gold Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 1:36 PM

We saw Cloudy with a chance of meatballs 2 this past Saturday at the drive-in along with Smurfs 2.  They were both cute movies!

Quoting Heath77:

Friday I took my son to see Cloudy with a chance of meatballs 2. Saturday we had his basketball game then got his hair cut, went grocery shopping then I cleaned and cooked dinner and we went to a skate park since my son loves to skate board. Sunday I worked from home and then he rode on his skateboard to the park while I walked. When he's with his dad I relax and take it easy and occasionly go out with friends and clean. Nothing too exciting, but my fb friends rarely do anything more exciting.

easinpc
by Gold Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 1:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like me except add in lots of homework for school when he's at his dads.

Quoting virginiamama71:

mostly stuff around the house, clean and laundry,

Now my son is doing soccer so I go to his games.

When he is not visiting his father we find activities to do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN