Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Finding full time work/childcare

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 3:55 PM
  • 7 Replies

Hi all! My name is Kristy, I have a 2 1/2 year old son and a 4 year old daughter. Im single, and i have been letting my parents take care of us ever since my unplanned pregnancies at 19 and 21. I got a part time job on the weekends (when they visit their dad) but i need a full time job and somehow have money for childcare. I have heard there are government aids for this. I am also going to school full time online. How can i accomplish my goals and give my children a mother they can look up to? I need direction and help from moms who have been here!! I want to provide!! 

by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 3:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Pink.Sunshine.
Taking a well needed break.
Yesterday at 1:32 AM
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 4:14 PM

There are usually very long waiting lists for child care subsidies. Start at the department of social services in your town.

dawncs
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 5:50 PM

Have you thought of becoming a babysitter? The money is pretty good depending on the area. I recommend signing up for free and searching the ads at http://www.sittercity.com/ and http://www.care.com/.

Dawn

Group owner of Different Learners Support Group (http://www.cafemom.com/group/118648)

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Sep. 30, 2013 at 5:56 PM

I have had help with child care in the past.  I had to pay 10% of the total cost.  It wasn't that expensive.  Try you local DHS office

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Sep. 30, 2013 at 5:57 PM

Quoting Pink.Sunshine.:

There are usually very long waiting lists for child care subsidies. Start at the department of social services in your town.

In our state there are no waiting list.  If you qualify, you just find a sitter and fill out the paper work.

Pink.Sunshine.
Taking a well needed break.
Yesterday at 1:32 AM
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 5:57 PM

That sounds great. I wish it were that way here in NY.

Quoting hayliedlr:

Quoting Pink.Sunshine.:

In our state there are no waiting list.  If you qualify, you just find a sitter and fill out the paper work.

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Sep. 30, 2013 at 6:02 PM

It really is.  Lots of parents are able to work because of it myself included.  Luckily I don't need assistance any more.  My oldest is almost 14 and my youngest is finally in school.

Quoting Pink.Sunshine.:

That sounds great. I wish it were that way here in NY.

Quoting hayliedlr:

Quoting Pink.Sunshine.:

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Sep. 30, 2013 at 7:19 PM

I would continue with school while having the support of my parents. Once the children are in school fulltime I would seek fulltime employment than.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)