Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

CPS showed up to my door!

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 5:33 PM
  • 15 Replies

Hello Moms,

I need advice on what to do about this situation. My son is 6 years old autistic and has 12 tumors in the brain called cavernous angiomas. He Goes to school under an IEP because he he very delayed. He is supposed to be in kindergarten but spents most of his time in a special class called CASTLES. My son gets picked up every morning by a school van and his teacher aide. When you are dealing for an autistic child you never know how he is going to wake up, if he will be happy and listen to you or will he be upset and break into a tantrum? my son is a surpirse box when he says no it's no, no matter what I do or say or bribe he won't do it. Last week Tuesday was one of days that he was grumpy, he didn't want to go to school that day but I needed him to go. I was able to walk down the stairs ( I live on the second floor of an apartment complex) reached my car but the van was already waiting for him, my son broke out crying, yelling no, the van beeping. I got fed up and pick him up like if I was going to hug him, My son went crazy flipping his arms and legs ( my son weighs 406pds) I couldn't hold him anymore so I dropped to the ground. (The aparment parking lot is dirt and gravel) I asked the teacher's aide if she can help me put him in the bus, she agreed and finally My son went to the bus. Today Chil Protective Services knocked on my door to speak to me about a report that was made a week ago. The lady said that there was a report made stating that I grabbed my son by the ankle and dragged him through the parking lot all the way to the school van. I told her it was not true had a huge conversation with her, she wanted to see kaylan because the claimed that my son has bruised knees due to the dragging, she saw no bruising anywhere in his body and knees, saw my son's room (Which was spotless). What The Hell?!?! What should I do? 

by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 5:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ZakkarysMom
by Natasha on Sep. 30, 2013 at 5:35 PM
5 moms liked this
Your son weighs 406 lbs?
emilysmom8
by Bronze Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 5:36 PM
Just let them investigate you and than your name will be cleared. No need to sue over it
mimzy2087
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 5:38 PM

Lol No! sorry he weighs 46pds. I type fast

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Sep. 30, 2013 at 6:00 PM

ya can't sue,  what would you sue for?

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Sep. 30, 2013 at 6:00 PM

oh and it's just best to let them investigate and they will go away.

mybabybugssmile
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 6:08 PM
Sue who?
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 7:03 PM
Just let them close the investigation. It may have looked like that was what you were doing from the van.
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Sep. 30, 2013 at 7:17 PM

The driver is your witness, the aide that helped you is the witness and no bruises on his body should all be enough proof that you did not drag your son over   gravel to the bus.

krisnkids
by Gold Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 8:46 PM

First if you cannot safely pick up your son and keep him up do not pick him up. A child thrashing about getting suddenly dropped could get injured. Best way to do that with an autisic child is going to be from the back, arms around the waist so if he is kicking and thrashing the arms and legs are going away from you rather than at you. 

You cannot do anything other than to comply with CPS, they will go to the school, interview the driver and aide if they have not done so already. Keep track of these types of visits, I can almost gurantee with a special needs child you will be getting more in the future. Unfortunately the general public does not understand how an autistic child's brain functions or they do not care to learn. 

mommersx4
by Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:45 PM
You should always have the aid help you put him on the bus.
Quoting virginiamama71:

The driver is your witness, the aide that helped you is the witness and no bruises on his body should all be enough proof that you did not drag your son over   gravel to the bus.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN